You are a dynamic and ambitious researcher with a strong profile, demonstrable by international publications and an international academic network. Your publications show broad knowledge of media from a cultural perspective and a strong affinity with film, television and/or cross-media studies. Your research matches the profile of the ASCA.
You are able to develop and teach courses on a range of media topics, in particular television, film, digital and/or social media, as well as their intersections. Important is proven flexibility in teaching on topics beyond your own research focus, a willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams of teachers and the ability to offer inspiring lectures and tutorials in the BA, MA and minor programmes that aspire to a wide range of students. You have proven excellent administrative, organisation, and coordination skills.
Your experience and profile:
- holds a PhD in Media and Culture or a related field with a relevant research focus;
- has an international academic network in the research area concerned;
- provides research output commensurate with the level of the position;
- is an active and ambitious researcher with a strong publication record;
- demonstrates ability and ambition to obtain external research grants;
- has wide and relevant teaching experience at BA and MA level;
- has excellent command (near-native fluency) of both Dutch and English; non-native Dutch speakers must achieve an active and passive command of Dutch within two years (passing the state examination for Dutch as a Second Language programme II is a prerequisite for a permanent employment contract);
- has experience with digital and audio-visual teaching facilities and affinity with ICT in university teaching;
- is experienced in public pedagogy and practice-based education and/or research;
- is good team worker and versatile at all levels, capable of multidisciplinary co-operation;
- has excellent organisational experience and skills;
- holds the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or is willing to acquire this within the first two years.
Research that entails collaboration with non-academic institutions and agencies in the Netherlands, Europe, and beyond is highly welcome.
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer Tv And Film Production , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University ;, China, 8 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts University Overview Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI uni...
Associate Professor /Assistant Professor/Lecturer, Tv And Film Production, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
DEPARTMENT: School of Film and Television Arts, Academy of Media and Creative Technology ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Specialised in Sound Arts/ TV Studio Production/Screenwriting and Creative Writing/ or...
Video Content Producer, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 12 hours ago
Title: 203K-YN - TV/Video Equipment Operator 2 Business Title: Video Content Producer Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: As a member of t...
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor In Tv And Mediaproduction, University of Stavanger, Norway, 19 days ago
Job description The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor in TV- and mediaproduction at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Media- and Social S...
Professor And Dean, The Academy Of Film And Creative Technology , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University ;, China, 8 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – Academy of Film and Creative Technology University Overview Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EM...
Professorship In Media Aesthetics And Media Technology (W2/W3), LEUPHANA UNIVERSITY OF LUENEBURG, Europe, 5 days ago
HUMANISTIC. SUSTAINABLE. ENTREPRENEURIAL. To achieve its educational aims, Leuphana University has developed a unique program aligned with the ideas of liberal education and humanism and has foun...