We are looking for an academic who is interested to start a tenure-track that focuses on education and who can strengthen our teaching and research in the field of Human-centred Intelligence in the department Artificial Intelligence. Your field of education will predominantly lie in the area of Responsible or Explainable AI, applications of AI in law or medicine, or Human-AI collaboration, Human-Robot interaction and/or Social Robotics, while your research area may lie in any area of Artificial Intelligence, Computational Cognitive Science, or Human-Machine Collaboration.
You will contribute to the BSc and MSc programmes of Artificial Intelligence and the MSc programme of Computational Cognitive Science. The BSc Artificial Intelligence is a broad programme in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cognitive Science, Robotics, Language, Logic, and Neurophysics, while the MSc Artificial Intelligence offers education in Machine Learning, Autonomous Systems, Robotics and Multi-Agent Systems. The MSc Computational Cognitive Science offers education in Cognitive Modeling and Neuroscience, Cognitive Engineering, and Language Modeling. In total, we teach over 700 international students.
Our competitive programmes are ambitious in that they want to offer highest-quality education, want to support and foster personal growth in our students, and offer a supportive environment where collaboration between colleagues is encouraged.
As Assistant Professor with an education profile you will:
● develop and teach courses in and around Human-Centred Intelligence in the degree programmes BSc and MSc Artificial Intelligence and MSc Computational Cognitive Science; the exact topics of the courses will co-depend on the expertise and interests of the successful candidate
● supervise BSc and MSc students in their final year research projects
● contribute to innovating the BSc and MSc programmes and developing innovative teaching methods
● play a significant role in the development of education at FSE, both at the course and the programme level
● develop your own research line and/or contribute to research lines in one of the research groups of Artificial Intelligence (e.g. Cognitive Modeling or Multi-Agent group)
● contribute to the supervision of PhD students in the research group
● contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, especially in the domain of education
At the stage of Assistant Professor 60% of your time is for teaching and education development, 30% for research and 10% for organizational tasks. After five years you will be assessed for tenure and promotion to the level of Associate Professor (see Conditions of employment).
Tenure Track Position In Human Agent Interaction, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 24 days ago
Are you an AI researcher and is your aim to research new AI techniques for human-agent interaction? Do you have a passion for teaching AI? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) would like to get ...
Assistant Professor Computer Vision, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 14 days ago
We offer a Tenure Track Assistant Professor (AP) position within the Computer Vision group (CV), part of the Informatics Institute (IvI) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). The Computer Vision ...
Senior Scientist / Program Manager Ai.Factory , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 2 hours ago
26.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications for a position as senior sci...
Assistant Professor In Mathematical Methods And Applications In Data Science, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 18 days ago
The Business Analytics section at the Amsterdam Business School (ABS) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Prof...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Collaborative Ai, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Do you want to contribute to developing collaborative AI, with a focus on fundamental research on personalised learning and long-term interaction? Do you want to work in close collaboration with o...
Assistant Professor Bioinformatics And Machine Learning, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Are you a researcher with a strong international research profile in either Bioinformatics or Machine Learning? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Location: AMSTERDAM FTE: 0.8 - 1 Job...