We are looking for an Assistant Professor who can strengthen our position in the field of Lab-on-a-chip (LoC) for advanced (bio)analytical chemistry. The exploitation of micro-nanotechnologies such as microfluidics for ultra-small volume liquid handling and sample processing is well established. Lab-on-a-chip has become an enabling technology that is applied to a myriad of life science applications, from bioanalysis and biosynthesis to organ-on-a-chip and in vivo fluid dynamics.
Whether you work on the fundamental study of flows and transport in LoC systems, or focus on the implementation of new principles for LoC analysis in different pharmaceutical application areas, we would be interested in hearing from you. Particularly, LoC-based approaches for in situ monitoring of physiological processes in vitro would support ongoing organ-on-a-chip development efforts within the research group Pharmaceutical Analysis and the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy in general. Measurement principles could include, but are not limited to, electrochemical, optical or affinity-based detection. Other options for implementation of (bio)analytical LoC are of course also possible, including applications in the hospital pharmacy.
We offer you a full-time position and excellent career opportunities in our faculty’s career system Career Paths in Science and Engineering, including the perspective to get a permanent
appointment (tenure) in 1-3 years and become Full Professor in approximately 10 years.
As Assistant Professor you will:
- set up and develop your own research line and research group in the field described above
- supervise PhD candidates
- acquire external funding
- promote the societal relevance of your research
- teach in and contribute to the development of the Bachelor programs for Pharmacy as well as Life Science and Technology, and the Master programs for Pharmacy and Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences
- contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
At the stage of Assistant Professor 60% of your time is for research, 30% for teaching activities and 10% for organizational tasks.
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has been our top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is the largest faculty within the University. We offer first-rate education and research in a wide range of science and engineering disciplines, from classical disciplines such as mathematics, astronomy and mechanical engineering, to interdisciplinary fields such as artificial intelligence, pharmacy and nanoscience. Our community has an open and informal character with students and staff from around the world.
The position we offer will be embedded in the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP), and specifically in the research group Pharmaceutical Analysis. Although GRIP is positioned within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, it is physically located within the University Medical Centre Groningen (UMCG) of the Faculty of Medical Sciences - hence, in ideal proximity to benefit from collaborations between the two faculties. Pharmaceutical research within GRIP is highly multidisciplinary. It bridges the clinical and biomedical sciences on the one hand, and chemistry, mathematics (statistics) and physics on the other. The interaction between the pharmaceutical sciences and these fundamental and clinical sciences offers excellent opportunities for ground-breaking research.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, or Pharmaceutical/Biomedical/Life Sciences and related fields, with a strong focus on Lab-on-a-Chip systems
- at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD (can be compensated for after the appointment via extended research visits abroad)
- a relevant international network
- excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences
- a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
- demonstrable organizational competences
- good command of spoken and written English.
And you are:
- a team player with good communication skills
- able to work well in an international, culturally diverse, environment
- able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
- willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
- able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering of the University of Groningen was the first on the European mainland to introduce a tenure track career policy, 20 years ago, and with significant success. We have attracted great talents that have contributed strongly to the worldwide leading position of our faculty’s ten research institutes. Our career system has helped our staff members to develop highly successful and rewarding academic careers. The latest version of this system, ‘Career Paths in Science and Engineering’, offers:
? diverse career paths with a focus on research, education or impact
? dynamic career paths, in which staff members can switch focus in the course of their career
? the promotion to Assistant Professor level 1, in combination with a permanent contract, already after 1 - 3 years
? a perspective for promotion to Associate Professor after 5 years, while the assessment for promotion to Full Professor can take place after another 5 years
? significant freedom for staff members whether and when to apply for promotion.
For more information about Career Paths in Science and Engineering, see https://www.rug.nl/fse/meet-the-faculty/vacatures/vacatures/careerpathsinscienceandengineering/r . Please consider the career path with a focus on research for the criteria for tenure and for promotion to more senior positions.
As starting conditions, we offer a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 4,332 up to a maximum of € 6,737 gross per month (scale 11 or 12 CAO Dutch Universities, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position as Assistant Professor. Additionally, we offer:
- a holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
- a pension scheme
- maternity and parental leave;
- the possibility to work part-time (0.9 or 0.8 FTE)
- a mentor programme and a broad range of opportunities for personal development;
- dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen:https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
Teaching Fellow, School Of Pharmacy, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
Teaching Fellow, School of Pharmacy-2301724 DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES SCHOOL OF PHARMACY About our team/Mō te tīma The Otago School of Pharmacy is the first in the country and prides itself on a...
Professional Practice Fellow/Senior Professional Practice Fellow Experiential Practice (Wellington), University of Otago, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
Professional Practice Fellow/Senior Professional Practice Fellow - Experiential Practice (Wellington)-2301962 SCHOOL OF PHARMACY DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES Who we are/Ko wai mātou The University ...
Office Coordinator/Projectmanager H Dmt/Noci, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Job description As a coordinator, you play a crucial role as the linchpin for hDMT (including hDMT INFRA) and NOCI, providing all-round support. You are responsible for the back office of hDMT, in...
Assistant Department Of Pharmaceutical Botany, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry University of Zagreb, Croatia, 11 days ago
22 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry University of Zagreb Department Pharmaceutical Botany Research Field Pharmacological sciences » Pharmacy Biolo...
Pharmacy Technician 2 Doral, University of Miami, United States, 2 days ago
Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn h...
Lecturer (Education) Or Senior Lecturer (Education) – Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Or Pharmaceutical Science , ;, China, 13 days ago
Lecturer: £41,331 - £57,141 per annum Senior Lecturer: £58,850 - £68,194 per annum China Medical University - Queen’s University of Belfast Joint College (CQC) was established in the People’s Repu...