We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position as Assistant Professor or from € 5,039 (salary scale 13) up to a maximum of € 6,738 (salary scale 14) gross per month for a full-time position as Associate Professor
• holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a pension scheme
• maternity and parental leave
• a full-time position as Assistant Professor or Associate Professor, depending on your career stage, in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science (https://www.rug.nl/(...)in-science-edition-4 ) with a possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE)
• a mentor program and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/(...)with-us/that-is-why/
As Assistant Professor you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor. If you are hired at the level of Associate Professor, your position will be tenured from the onset.
4 to 7 Years after being appointed as Associate Professor you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/(...)ce-edition-4?lang=en
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications
• a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’ and a list with names of references, complete with title and contact information
• a statement of your teaching goals and experience
• a description of your scientific interest and plans.
You can submit your application until 30 June 11.59pm / before 1 July 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The selection interviews will take place on 26 August 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Florentino G. Martínez Research Master Scholarship, Grant Finder, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Excellent students (both EU and Non-EU) enrolled in the two year Research Master's Programme in Theology and Religious Studies, wishing to specialize in the fields of Hebrew Bible, early Judaism a...
Full Time Position (50% Tenure Track Professorship And 50% Sw2 Workleader): Confronting Solar..., KU Leuven, Belgium, 4 days ago
Benefits We offer a 50% tenure-track professorship at the KU Leuven in combination with a 50% appointment as a contractual researcher as workleader (undetermined duration - salary scale SW2) at th...
Lecturer Mathematics (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities: • a salary with a minimum of € 2.709 up to a maximum of € 4.978 gross per month (scale 10/11), depending on ...
Tenure Track Position “Silicon Based Photonics”, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria, about 19 hours ago
In accordance with the collective agreement for employees, the announce an opening for a Tenure Track position “Silicon-Based Photonics” at the Johannes Kepler University Linz. The candidate must...
Associate Professor In Modern European History In A Global Context At The Faculty Of Arts And Social Sciences, Department History, Maastricht University 1.0 Fte 2 Year Tenure Track Uhd And Directly There After A 4 Year Track Hl, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Associate professor in Modern European History in a Global Context at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Department History, Maastricht University 1.0 fte 2-year tenure track UHD and directl...
Full/Associate/Assistant Professor Of Applied Analysis (Tenure Track) (32 40 Hours Per Week), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
32 - 40 hours per week Maximum gross monthly salary: € 8,127 Faculty of Science Job level: PhD Duration of the contract: 6 years Application deadline: 12 January 2020 We are looking for The Mathem...