27 May 2023
University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
3 Jul 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Are you able to stimulate students to successfully master new knowledge and skills? Are you enthusiastic about a scientist-practitioner approach? Are you interested in themes in the area of work and organizational psychology and sports and performance psychology? This may be the position for you.
The work and organizational psychology programme group of the University of Amsterdam has a vacancy for a teaching position (for .8 fte), starting date September 2023. You will teach and contribute to Bachelor and Master courses in the area of sports- and performance psychology and work and organizational psychology. You will also supervise Master and Bachelor students during their thesis and internship (docent 3).
The W&O Psychology group provides a propaedeutic course in Work and Organizational Psychology, a bachelor specialization, a master's program with four specialized master's tracks, and is involved in the Psychology Research Master's program. Our Bachelor specialization contains courses on teams in organizations, recruitment and selection, work motivation and occupational health, leadership and organizational culture, and an introduction in sport and performance psychology. Our Master tracks are aimed at Sports- and Performance Psychology, Coaching and Vitality, Human Resource and Career Management, and Consultancy and Organizational Development.
What are you going to do?
As a teacher (docent 3) in the Work and Organizational psychology programme group your role will consist of a combination of the following job tasks:
- Developing, coordinating and teaching lectures and working groups in courses on Work- and Organizational and Sports- and Performance Psychology on Bachelor- or Master-level or both;
- Teaching working groups on psychological research or our Methods and Statistics courses.
- Formulating and grading of exams;
- Supervising intervision groups of (resmas)students
- Supervising students with their thesis (Bachelor and Master) and internships.
Click here for information on the bachelor programme, here for information on the master programme, and here for information on the work and organizational psychology department.
You enjoy supervising groups of (international) students, you want to develop yourself as a teacher, and reflect on your own skills. You have excellent communication and social skills and you can work well in a team.
- A PhD in work and organizational psychology, sport psychology, health psychology, organizational behavior, or related field;
- At least 4 years of experience with academic teaching, preferably in the areas described above (with good evaluations);
- Preferably experience with individual thesis and internship supervision (bachelor and master students);
- A teaching skills certification (BKO or Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs), or the willingness to enter a BKO trajectory.
- English proficiency. Dutch proficiency is preferable.
- Able and willing to apply the scientist-practitioner model in teaching;
- Able to work together in different teams;
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Good in planning and organizing different tasks and demands.
We offer a temporary employment contract of one year (.8fte), with the prospect of a permanent contract following a positive assessment and barring altered circumstances.
Depending on your experience, the minimum salary is €3974 and the maximum salary is €5439 gross per month based on a 38-hour working week, in keeping with salary scale 11, as per the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities .
We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary benefits, including 8% holiday allowance and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
The UvA offers excellent possibilities for further professional development and education.
What else do we offer
- a position in which initiative and input are highly valued
- an enthusiastic and warm team that is open to new colleagues
- an inspiring academic and international working environment in the heart of Amsterdam.
Does this profile sound like you? If so, we are eager to receive (1) your CV, (2) motivation letter, and (3) previous teaching evaluations. We welcome applications from members of minority groups. The deadline for applications is 3 July 2023. Interviews will take place on in on Monday July 17th or Tuesday July 18th.
You can apply online by clicking on the following link.
Applications in ONE .pdf should include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation;
- previous teaching evaluations.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
- Prof. Astrid Homan (email@example.com )
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Postal Code
- Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Lecturers In Corporate Communication , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Are you passionate about teaching, interested in the relation between media and organizational issues, and looking for a challenging job in a dynamic setting? Due to the world-wide popularity of o...
Assistant Professor Communication Science, Focus On Strategic Communication, Organisations, Society , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Are you passionate about research and teaching communication science, interested in how communication plays a role in the different key issues (e.g., climate change, misinformation, or polarizatio...
Position For An Assistant Professor | 55% Research, 45% Teaching | Department Of Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology | Section Neuropsychology | Faculty Of Psychology & Neuroscience, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Position for an Assistant Professor | 55% research, 45% teaching | department of Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology | section Neuropsychology | Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience Position for ...
Assistant Professor | 55% Research, 45% Teaching | Department Of Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology | Section Neuropsychology | Faculty Of Psychology & Neuroscience, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 17 days ago
Assistant Professor | 55% research, 45% teaching | department of Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology | section Neuropsychology | Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience Assistant Professor | 55% res...
Lecturer In Forensic Psychology , ;, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Have you got demonstrated evidence of successful teaching in Forensic Psychology at University-level? Do you have a PhD in Psychology and a research agenda in the area of Forensic Psychology? Are ...
Assistant Professor Humane By Design/Creative Technology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1 day ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic, communicative, and highly motivated Assistant Professor with experience in Design Studies, Digital Humanities, or Science and Technology Studies (STS) who is in...