- 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 3,974 - € 5,439
- Required background
- Application deadline
- 29 January 2023
Do you have expertise in advanced acquisition and analysis methods for neuroimaging research? Then you are the one we are looking for! The Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging invites applications for a Staff Scientist.
As a Staff Scientist you collaborate with multiple researchers within the Centre in advancing the development and implementation of state-of-the-art design and analysis pipelines for different neuroimaging methods. You will be expected to respond to queries from researchers wishing to use the methods you are an expert in. In addition, you will play an important role in generating acquisition and analysis protocols, quality control and standardization of analysis pipelines. Moreover, you will actively follow and contribute to improving research methods in the field.
We are particularly interested in candidates who are either expert in non-invasive brain stimulation or willing to acquire the necessary expertise. Knowledge of fMRI pre-processing and analysis would also be advantageous.
- You hold a PhD in Physics, Engineering, Neuroscience or a related field.
- You have a strong interest in modern cognitive neuroimaging research.
- You are an expert in non-invasive brain stimulation or at least willing to acquire the necessary expertise.
- You have a strong quantitative background (e.g. advance skills in statistical analyses, computational modelling and signal processing).
- You have the capability to work in a systematic and well-documented fashion.
- You have the versatility and willingness to learn new skills as the field develops.
- You are a team player with strong social skills and the ability to communicate with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- You possess an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You have a proactive and flexible work attitude.
- Knowledge of fMRI pre-processing and analysis is an advantage.
The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour is a world-class interfaculty research centre that houses more than 700 researchers devoted to understanding the mechanistic underpinnings of the human mind. Research at the Donders Institute is focused around four themes: 1. Language and communication, 2. Perception, action and control, 3. Plasticity and memory, 4. Neural computation and neurotechnology. Excellent, state-of-the-art research facilities are available for the broad range of neuroscience research that is being conducted at the Institute. The Donders Institute has been assessed by an international evaluation committee as excellent and recognized as a 'very stimulating environment for top researchers, as well as for young talent'. The Institute fosters a collaborative, multidisciplinary, supportive research environment with a diverse international staff. English is the lingua franca at the Institute.
The mission of the Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (DCCN) is to conduct cutting-edge fundamental research in cognitive neuroscience. Much of the rapid progress in this field is being driven by the development of complex neuroimaging techniques for measuring activity in the human brain - an area in which the Centre plays a leading role. The research themes cover central cognitive functions, such as perception, action, control, emotion, decision-making, attention, memory, language, learning and plasticity. The Centre also aims to establish how the different brain areas coordinate their activity with very high temporal precision to enable human and animal cognition. Our internationally renowned Centre currently hosts more than 100 PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers from more than 25 countries, offering a stimulating and multidisciplinary research environment. The Centre is equipped with four MRI scanners (7T, 3x 3T), a 275-channel MEG system, an EEG-TMS laboratory, several MR-compatible EEG systems, and high-performance computational facilities.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of € 3,974 and a maximum of € 5,439 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 1 year, with the prospect of a permanent position after positive evaluation.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourage applications from women and minorities.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. David Norris, Principal Investigator, at david.norris [at] donders.ru.nl.
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 29 January 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Prof. David Norris. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 29 January 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Prof. Norris, D.G. (David)
d.norris [at] donders.ru.nl
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 23 December 2022
Share this page
Project Manager For Donders Citylab @Mu Zi Eum, Radboud University, Netherlands, 10 days ago
We offer a challenging multidisciplinary project environment with interesting research opportunities and researchers as well as muZIEum as a partner. The Donders Institute is a research institut...
Donders City Lab Officer, Radboud University, Netherlands, 22 days ago
Donders CityLab Officer Donders CityLab Officer Published Deadline Location today 26 Mar Nijmegen Job description Would you like to make a difference by bringing research and society together in a...
Staff Scientist In Ultrasound Engineering At The Donders Centre For Cognition, Radboud University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Focused ultrasound stimulation (FUS) is a new non-invasive deep brain stimulation technique that opens up new horizons in research and treatment. Radboud University has joined forces in the focuse...
Videnskabelig Assistent Ved Forskningsgruppen For økologi Med Interesse For Ferskvand Og Administrativt Arbejde , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
For further information please contact xxxx. Application, salary etc. The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish ...
Ai Software Engineer At The Donders Centre For Cognition, Radboud University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
AI Software Engineer at the Donders Centre for Cognition AI Software Engineer at the Donders Centre for Cognition Published Deadline Location today 1 Apr Nijmegen Job description As a member of ou...
Assistant Professor Of Very Long Baseline Radio Interferometry, Radboud University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
The Department of Astrophysics at Radboud University is part of the Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics (IMAPP). This vibrant and international department currently consis...