We are looking for
Are you passionate about the protein transition and want to work with like-minded colleagues to create impact? We are seeking an enthusiastic and enterprising senior researcher / project leader in the field of sustainable proteins with extensive subject knowledge, who contributes to the further development of this professional field.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, part of Wageningen University & Research, offers a challenging and market-oriented environment where motivated scientific professionals conduct research for companies, government organisations and knowledge institutes The Food Technology group develops knowledge and technology for the food industry and renders them applicable in practice. Examples include our research on meat alternatives based on plant proteins and the development of mild, sustainable, separation and preservation methods. As sr. researcher/ project leader you are responsible for further developing the professional field of sustainable proteins, amongst others by:
• leading and carrying out multi-disciplinary, multi-party, applied-research projects;
• analysing and summarising research results in reports, publications and presentations for our customers;
• development of knowledge on protein functionality and its relation with e.g. product formulation, ingredient interactions, extraction and processing technologies;
• establishing and maintaining an effective national and international network of contacts and utilising it to acquire new research projects or partnerships;
• contributing to the strategic plan of Wageningen Food & Biobased Research on the topic of sustainable protein supply.
We expect you to be enthusiastic, full of clever and innovative ideas and able to develop and carry out concrete project plans together with your colleagues and industrial partners.
• An ambitious colleague with persuasiveness and seniority; a self-starter with quality awareness and the ability and ambition to become a leading scientist in the field of sustainable proteins;
• A degree in Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Food Science or Chemical Technology with a proven track record in an R&D environment is required; industrial experience is a plus;
• Subject knowledge in the area of new protein sources, biorefinery technologies, protein extraction, functional properties of proteins and/or product formulation and texturing technology;
• Experience with the definition, acquisition, execution and management of complex (applied-scientific) research projects;
• Excellent communication skills and good verbal and written command of English, Dutch is a plus.
You have the ability to lead larger and more complex projects for which, next to your scientific knowledge, competencies like organizing, cooperation and development of colleagues are particularly required.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week, for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment after a successful evaluation. Besides a salary at market rates, we offer you favourable study and leave arrangements.
In addition, we offer:
• 8% holiday allowance;
• a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
• excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
• flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
• excellent pension plan through ABP;
• 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
• the possibility to work a maximum of 40 hours per week and in this way build up a maximum of 204 compensation hours per year;
• a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
• a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
• make use of the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
For more information about this function, please contact Ben Langelaan, R&D manager Food Technology, telephone 0317 484382 or by e-mail; email@example.com . For additional information about the procedure, please contact Wilma Jansen, HR advisor, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are looking forward to receiving your application via the button on top of this page before June 25th, 2019.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research develops insights and technologies that support industries, governments, and research institutes to create innovative solutions for a healthier, more sustainable, and prosperous world. Together with our clients we develop healthy and tasty food, truly-sustainable food chains, and chemicals and materials that use biomass instead of fossil resources. Our in-depth knowledge of the entire chain, from raw materials through processing to end product, drives our approach.
We make smart connections between various disciplines to explore complex issues from different perspectives. Through a combination of intelligent analyses and pragmatic invention, we find solutions for these issues. Grounded in science and business, our researchers bring a no-nonsense attitude to their work. We investigate and develop at all stages: upscaling from lab to pilot and from initial idea to production processes that deliver real products for our customers. We have direct access to the latest scientific findings and have a firm grasp of what modern technology offers. Every day, we work with national and global companies, governments and other research institutes to create innovative solutions, now and in the future.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research is one of the Contract Research Organizations of Wageningen University & Research, with the aim to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 members of staff and 10,000 students, we are world leader in its domain. An integral way of working and cooperation between the exact sciences, the technological and social disciplines are key to its approach.
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
Agencies are kindly requested not to respond
Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Additive Food Assembly, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Are you a talented, creative engineering scientist who would like to work on the foods of the future? Are you a pioneer who is inspired by surprising solutions for serious societal challenges? Are...
Assistant Professor Position Within The Business Management And Organisation Group (Tenure Track), Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Are you the enthusiastic Assistant Professor we are looking for? Do you have academic expertise in the areas of Management and Innovation in Supply Chains, Organization and Governance Theory? Then...
Junior Researcher Nutrition And Health Of Dairy Cattle, Young Stock And Veal Calves, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 24 days ago
Do you oversee nutrition-health interactions? Are you passionate about cattle? Are you eager to develop a career as a researcher? Wageningen Livestock Research (WLR) creates science-based solution...
Research Engineer (Pa2019/3308), University of Lund, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Synthetic Organic Chemistry (Tt), Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 28 days ago
We are looking for an assistant professor or associate professor in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, to strengthen the chair group Organic Chemistry in the cluster Biomolecular Sciences of the Departm...
Food Technologists/Food Engineers Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 10 days ago
AgResearch has an exciting opportunity to deliver high impact science in a new purpose-built food science facility on Massey University grounds. This will bring together leading expertise in food ...