We are looking for
Are you passionate about the protein transition and want to work with like-minded colleagues to create impact? We are seeking an enthusiastic and enterprising senior researcher / project leader in the field of sustainable proteins with extensive subject knowledge, who contributes to the further development of this professional field.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, part of Wageningen University & Research, offers a challenging and market-oriented environment where motivated scientific professionals conduct research for companies, government organisations and knowledge institutes The Food Technology group develops knowledge and technology for the food industry and renders them applicable in practice. Examples include our research on meat alternatives based on plant proteins and the development of mild, sustainable, separation and preservation methods. As sr. researcher/ project leader you are responsible for further developing the professional field of sustainable proteins, amongst others by:
• leading and carrying out multi-disciplinary, multi-party, applied-research projects;
• analysing and summarising research results in reports, publications and presentations for our customers;
• development of knowledge on protein functionality and its relation with e.g. product formulation, ingredient interactions, extraction and processing technologies;
• establishing and maintaining an effective national and international network of contacts and utilising it to acquire new research projects or partnerships;
• contributing to the strategic plan of Wageningen Food & Biobased Research on the topic of sustainable protein supply.
We expect you to be enthusiastic, full of clever and innovative ideas and able to develop and carry out concrete project plans together with your colleagues and industrial partners.
• An ambitious colleague with persuasiveness and seniority; a self-starter with quality awareness and the ability and ambition to become a leading scientist in the field of sustainable proteins;
• A degree in Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Food Science or Chemical Technology with a proven track record in an R&D environment is required; industrial experience is a plus;
• Subject knowledge in the area of new protein sources, biorefinery technologies, protein extraction, functional properties of proteins and/or product formulation and texturing technology;
• Experience with the definition, acquisition, execution and management of complex (applied-scientific) research projects;
• Excellent communication skills and good verbal and written command of English, Dutch is a plus.
You have the ability to lead larger and more complex projects for which, next to your scientific knowledge, competencies like organizing, cooperation and development of colleagues are particularly required.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week, for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment after a successful evaluation. Besides a salary at market rates, we offer you favourable study and leave arrangements.
In addition, we offer:
• 8% holiday allowance;
• a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
• excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
• flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
• excellent pension plan through ABP;
• 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
• the possibility to work a maximum of 40 hours per week and in this way build up a maximum of 204 compensation hours per year;
• a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
• a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
• make use of the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
For more information about this function, please contact Ben Langelaan, R&D manager Food Technology, telephone 0317 484382 or by e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org . For additional information about the procedure, please contact Wilma Jansen, HR advisor, e-mail email@example.com .
We are looking forward to receiving your application via the button on top of this page before June 25th, 2019.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research develops insights and technologies that support industries, governments, and research institutes to create innovative solutions for a healthier, more sustainable, and prosperous world. Together with our clients we develop healthy and tasty food, truly-sustainable food chains, and chemicals and materials that use biomass instead of fossil resources. Our in-depth knowledge of the entire chain, from raw materials through processing to end product, drives our approach.
We make smart connections between various disciplines to explore complex issues from different perspectives. Through a combination of intelligent analyses and pragmatic invention, we find solutions for these issues. Grounded in science and business, our researchers bring a no-nonsense attitude to their work. We investigate and develop at all stages: upscaling from lab to pilot and from initial idea to production processes that deliver real products for our customers. We have direct access to the latest scientific findings and have a firm grasp of what modern technology offers. Every day, we work with national and global companies, governments and other research institutes to create innovative solutions, now and in the future.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research is one of the Contract Research Organizations of Wageningen University & Research, with the aim to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 members of staff and 10,000 students, we are world leader in its domain. An integral way of working and cooperation between the exact sciences, the technological and social disciplines are key to its approach.
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
Agencies are kindly requested not to respond
Laboratory Technician For Preparaton Of Protein Samples, Central European Institute of Technology of Masaryk University, Czech, 1 day ago
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position Laboratory technician for preparaton of protein samples Description: Our proteomics facility, a part of the CE...
Consumer Science Project Manager (M/F/O), German Institute of Food Technologies, Germany, about 18 hours ago
With around 175 member companies from the food industry and related fields, the DIL operates as a research institute working in the areas of food product development, process development and food ...
Tenure Track Assistant / Associate Professor In Bioinformatics Or Computational Biology, Wageningen UR (University & Research Centre), Netherlands, 17 days ago
h3. *Tenure track assistant/associate professor in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology* *We are looking for* Are you an independent researcher in bioinformatics, turning your enthusiasm and cr...
Coordinator Value Creation Data Science At Wageningen Data Competence Center, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 4 days ago
What is the market potential of machine learning for plant genomics? And for animal breeding? How can we develop new business models for artificial intelligence from data of remote sensing, food s...
Food System Resilience Officer Wageningen Centre For Development Innovation, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 4 days ago
A Nairobi-based young expert in food system resilience in areas of protracted crises, who can contribute to the Food and Nutrition Security-Resilience PROgramme (FNS-REPRO) implemented by FAO and ...
Laboratory Technician For Preparaton Of Protein Samples, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
Zbyněk Zdráhal Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline 25 Jul 2019 Start date 01.08.2019 (negotiable) The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC M...