Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Information Management & Services
Are you a senior IT-architect who wants to rise above yourself, in your profession and as
a person? Do you want to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success
and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that does not exist today. Together we are building the high-performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands. Are you driven by taking ownership and do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? We would like to get in touch with you!
We are looking for an experienced IT architect in the IT Infrastructure domain to provide our users the state-of-art IT infrastructure that meets their needs. In this position you will develop the vision on IT infrastructure for the TU/e IT landscape. You are responsible for the innovation and design of the IT infrastructure, based on the latest IT innovations and with future needs in mind. You contribute to the associated technical policies, within the agreed business frameworks.
Together with the other IT architect and your colleague enterprise and solution architects, you will translate the very diverse IT demands of the TU/e community (business operations, research, and education) to IT-infrastructure services and architecture models of the IT-Infrastructure.
As our new colleague, you participate in projects and major changes to assure the realization of IT infrastructure solutions takes place within the architectural boundaries. In your role as IT architect, you and a team of solution architects in the network and systems domains jointly advise the IT management on how to keep the IT infrastructure up to date and fit-for-purpose.
Who are you?
- The thought-leader when it comes to concepts of IT infrastructure services and solutions.
- Minimum education requirement is a Bachelor degree and at least 3 years of experience as an IT-architect of large and complex IT-infrastructures of enterprises in multi-vendor environments.
- Used to work according to agreed design processes and you are able to help TU/e to develop its capabilities on this area. This includes guiding the implementation of IT infrastructure solutions according the architectural outlines.
- You have experience using architecture frameworks like TOGAF (preferably certified), Zachman and DYA and are experienced in modelling the IT-architecture based on the ArchiMate modelling-language (preferably certified).
- You have knowledge about different project management approaches.
- You are acquainted with relevant reference architectures for the educational sector, (HORA, NORA)and know how to apply them for an organization.
- As an architect you have broad knowledge of IT-infrastructure as a whole. (networking, servers, storage, etc)You translate the voice of the customer into technology and you are able to communicate this to different stakeholders within the organization. You have a strong security focus and are acquainted with general used frameworks such as NIST, and know how to apply these standards in the TU/e architecture models.
Conditions of employment
What we offer:
- Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity and where you have plenty of room for personal development and growth.
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities and depending on education and work experience, salary scale 11 with a minimum
€ 3.746,= and maximum of scale 12 € 5.826,= (CAO-NU).
- We offer a one year contract, with prospect of permanent position.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, extra holiday allowance 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December and 41 holidays per year.
Information and application
For more information about this vacancy, please contact: Elly van den Eertwegh,
Talent Attraction Consultant, e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[a]tue.nl or +31 639186476.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the ‘apply now’-button.
The closing date of the vacancy is March 15, 2021. The interviews are scheduled to take place on March 17, 2021. The selection of applicants and the interviews will take place immediately.
Acquisition because of this advertisement is not appreciated
Senior It Architect, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Are you a senior IT-architect who wants to rise above yourself, in your profession and as a person? Do you want to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create...
Network Team Manager , Masaryk University, Czech, about 19 hours ago
Who we are – the Data and Technical Networks Team of ICS MUNI ? We build and maintain an extensive, exclusive, and complex data network of our modern university – over 12.000 km of fiber, hundred...
Network Team Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
DepartmentIT Infrastructure Division – Institute of Computer Science Deadline 5 Mar 2021 Start date Negotiable E-APPLICATION Who we are – the Data and Technical Networks Team of ICS MUNI ? We bu...
Learning & Development Specialist (0,8 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
People are the heart and soul of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). With excellent research and educational programs, we are part of national and international academic networks. We partic...
Full Professor Embedded Computer Architecture In The Electronic Systems Group, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 22 days ago
Job description The demand for energy efficient computing (GOPS/Watt) will only increase with the advance of big-data and deep learning applications into mobile, embedded devices. Realizing the re...
Big Data Specialist, Bridgestone, Spain, 9 days ago
[MAIN FUNCTIONS] Are you inspired to contribute to and have an impact on solving real-world, Industry 4.0 problems of today and tomorrow? As a Senior Big Data Architect in Bridgestone Data & Advan...