Researcher Photonic Test Engineering
Researcher Photonic Test Engineering
Photonic chips, or PICs, will revolutionize the application of photonics in areas such as healthcare, communication, quantum and sensing. Integrated photonics has the potential to be a disruptive response to solving big societal challenges of today and tomorrow. The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), together with University of Twente, TNO and Photon Delta has founded the Photonic Integration Technology Center (PITC), a center of excellence that underpins the ambition to strengthen the emerging integrated photonics technologies and ecosystem around those.
Academic and Industrial Environment
The PITC works tightly together with universities as well as industry and bridges the gap by performing applied research and development activities. Our work is characterized by the combination of academic excellence and industry relevance, providing a strong real-world impact.
The Metrology Program
Metrology is one of the PITC's main technical program lines with an objective to overcome one of the major challenges related to manufacturing of integrated photonics products. Key to manufacturing PICs in high volume is the development of scalable, reliable, and high-throughput test processes and systems.
You have a passion for integrated photonics, want to bring the metrology methods to a higher level and want to change the world with these new technologies. You want to work in an enthusiastic team where you can truly make a difference. Working at the boundary of academic research and industrial application excites you.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a research technicians and postdocs candidates to fill this position, with a strong drive for creating and improving test and measurement solutions for the next generation products and applications for integrated photonics.
- Define optical and electrical test specifications for integrated photonics.
- Define design specifications for optical and electrical test.
- Characterize and validate the performance of test processes, methods, and solutions.
- Develop and maintain process design kits (PDK) based on test, design and process parameters.
- Prepare electronic-photonic test protocols for next generation manufacturing of photonic integrated circuits.
- Develop, maintain and extend test data management systems.
- Develop, operate and maintain electronic-photonic testbeds.
- Contribute to the development of the IEEE standards for integrated photonics
- Contribute with Principal Investigators in running other activities, projects, and program lines under umbrella of the PITC.
- max. 38 hours per week
- Eindhoven View on Google Maps
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- PhD, or Master's degree in applied physics or electrical engineering, or in an equivalent field with a strong background in photonics, programming, and process automation.
- Experience in semiconductor test and manufacturing, or in a photonic laboratory is an advantage, and a must in case of MSc. degree
- Adept at prioritizing problems, meeting deadlines and analyzing and resolving issues.
- Fluent in English.
Location: TU/e Campus, Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Conditions of employment
- You will find yourself within a young and dynamic multi-disciplinary team of experts (electro-optical communication, photonic integration, software programmers, signal processing and process engineers that all have the aim of making photonic integrated circuits a mainstream technology. We believe in a flat hierarchy with focus on a getting-things-done attitude and practicality.
- A challenging job within a dynamic setting, where you can develop both your technical skill set and communication competences.
- A contract for 2 years for 1,0 fte, with good future perspectives.
- A unique mix between academic and industrial environment due to our close collaboration with research groups among founding partners of the PITC and its industrial partners.
- Wide range of career development opportunities within the PITC founding organizations, and the industry rich integrated photonics ecosystem in the Netherlands.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact the hiring manager dr. Sylwester Latkowski, Scientific Director of PITC, s.latkowski[at]tue.nl.
You can find more information on the PITC at www.pitc.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact HRServices.Flux[at]tue.nl.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application using the apply-button. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
Apply for this job
Apply for this job
This application process is managed by the employer (Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)). Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.Apply for this job via the employer's website
Thank you for applying
Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Tip: save this job as favorite in your AcademicTransfer account. This gives you an immediate overview and makes it easy to find the job later on. No account yet? Create it now and take advantage of other useful functionalities too!
Back to the vacancy
Postdoctoral Researcher Integrated Photonic Quantum, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 23 days ago
TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research, we contribute to progress in the technical scien...
Postdoctoral Researcher Integrated Photonic Quantum, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Department(s) Electrical Engineering Institutes and others Eindhoven Hendrik Casimir Institute Reference number V36.5911 Job description TU/e is a leading inter...
Postdoc Position In Integrated Quantum Photonics, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 23 days ago
Quantum photonics is one of the leading platforms for quantum computing, being one of the few to have demonstrated a quantum advantage and having excellent scalability as well as operation at room...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Fluorescence Lifetime Microscopy (Flim) In Brain Slices, Radboud University, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic scientist with a PhD degree in a biology- or neuroscience-related field? And would you like to figure out how synapses are formed, and how axonal and dendritic signalling i...
Research Fellow (Quantum Physics / Quantum Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 22 days ago
A Research Fellow position is available in the Quantum Science and Engineering Centre, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Job Description: Conduct research on quantum computation and sim...
Postdoc In Optoelectronics Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
We are looking for a postdoc to strengthen our team at the Photonics Laboratory, here you will have the opportunity to work on VCSELs for optical interconnects and sensing applications. We offer a...