- 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 2,471 - € 3,336
- Required background
- University of Applied Sciences Degree
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Science
- Application deadline
- 08 January 2023
Are you a motivated research technician with an interest in cancer biology? Would you like to learn and work in a multidisciplinary team and in an innovative laboratory environment? If yes, then join the Yu Lab in the Department of Molecular Developmental Biology at RIMLS-Science, and work on an exciting project funded by the Dutch Cancer Society to gain a systems-level understanding of cancer.
We are looking for a motivated colleague to take on technical responsibilities in our lab. As a research technician, you will carry out experiments examining the role of cell metabolism and gene regulation during the development of cancer. You will be using laboratory techniques focused around 3D cell culturing, spheroids, and patient-derived organoids. You will work independently as well as together with other lab members on complex projects. You should be enthusiastic to work with a diverse team of students and researchers, and engage in exchanging ideas and discussing developments of ongoing research in regular meetings. Excellent organizational skills and communication skills in English are essential.
- You have a degree in science / biochemistry or a related field at higher laboratory education level, or a Master's degree in cell biology / molecular biology or a related field.
- You have experience with 3D cell culture techniques.
- You have experience with various molecular biology techniques (e.g. RNA and DNA isolation, qPCR, Western blotting, molecular cloning).
- You preferably have experience in an academic working environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and you are a team player who likes working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment.
- A good command of the Dutch language will be advantageous.
The Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS) is a leading interfaculty research institute of the faculties of Science (FNWI) and Medicine (Radboud university medical center). The overarching aim of RIMLS is to decipher molecular mechanisms of disease. The central research theme is regulation of gene expression during development and in health and disease. Important tools used at the institute include 3D cell culturing, next-generation sequencing, mass spectrometry, single-cell (multi-omics) analysis and computational analysis and method development. To perform state-of-the-art research, RIMLS-FNWI operates its own wet lab and computational facilities.
This fundamental and applied research in medical biology and molecular life sciences has clear links to biochemical research performed at the Institute for Molecules and Materials and other institutes of the Faculty of Science as well as to more clinically oriented research programmes at departments within the Radboud university medical center. RIMLS-FNWI actively contributes to teaching activities in the Biology study programme at Radboud University. RIMLS-FNWI currently has about 50 researchers (including 30 PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers) and provides a vibrant and international working environment. The institute actively participates in various European and worldwide consortia and collaborations.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,471 and a maximum of €3,336 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 7 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for one year, with the possibility of a temporary extension.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Rosemary Yu, Assistant Professor at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 8 January 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Rosemary Yu. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation explaining why you would like to join our team and stating your skills in relation to the above requirements.
- Your CV including the name and contact information of two referees.
You would preferably begin employment as soon as possible.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 08 January 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Yu, T. (Rosemary)
Other involved parties
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 13 December 2022
Share this page
Computational Biologist, VIB, Belgium, 39 minutes ago
The Laboratory of Computational Biology (www.aertslab.org ) is part of the KU Leuven Center for Human Genetics and the VIB Center for Brain and Disease Research. We are interested in decoding the ...
Staff Scientist In Ultrasound Engineering At The Donders Centre For Cognition, Radboud University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Focused ultrasound stimulation (FUS) is a new non-invasive deep brain stimulation technique that opens up new horizons in research and treatment. Radboud University has joined forces in the focuse...
Bioinformatician/Computer Scientist For Single Cell Multiomic Analysis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, about 11 hours ago
The Faculteit Geneeskunde en Farmacie, Department Basis (bio)-medische wetenschappen, is looking for a predoctoral researcher. More concretely your work package contains: The Movahedi lab at the V...
Fachbereich Veterinärmedizin Institut Für Veterinär Biochemie Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D ) With 65% Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: We03 Sfrp1 Bewerbungsende: 10.04.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 10 hours ago
Job description: A position for a Research Assistant (PraeDoc) (m/f/d) TV-L13 (65%)) is available in the laboratory of Dr Torsten Stein at the Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry FU-Berlin, Germa...
Assistant Professor Of Very Long Baseline Radio Interferometry, Radboud University, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
The Department of Astrophysics at Radboud University is part of the Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics (IMAPP). This vibrant and international department currently consis...
Videnskabelig Assistent Ved Forskningsgruppen For økologi Med Interesse For Ferskvand Og Administrativt Arbejde , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
For further information please contact xxxx. Application, salary etc. The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish ...