Are you passionate about technology and do you want to boost your career by working with advanced scientific techniques? Do you also want to contribute to a better understanding of molecular biology? Then the position of Research Technician is for you!
The Kuijpers lab has an opening for a research technician in molecular and cellular (neuro)biology to start as soon as possible on an ERC-funded project investigating the role of the neuronal endoplasmic reticulum. You will be part of our team effort in establishing and using neuron cell culture models (both primary and human IPSC-derived). In addition, you will be involved in the design and production of lentiviral and AAV viral vectors for gene transfer in cultured cells, as well as in other molecular biology approaches. Furthermore, you will fulfil different team roles and ensure accurate completion of documentation (laboratory notebooks and logs).
- €2471—€3336 per month
- Nijmegen View on Google Maps
- You are an outstanding experimentalist with experience in mammalian cell culture and molecular biology.
- You are a professional in the field of life sciences, biology, biomedical sciences or a related discipline at higher professional (HBO) degree level.
- Familiarity with neurobiology or with IPSC-derived cell culturing methods, CRISP/Cas gene editing and/or virus production will be appreciated.
- You possess great organisational and planning skills and the ability to work in teams.
- We are a dynamic international lab, so a good command of English is essential.
- You have plenty of initiative and you like to learn and work in a multidisciplinary team in an innovative laboratory environment.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: You will be employed for an initial period of 1 year, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended.
- It concerns an employment for 0.5 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,471 and a maximum of €3,336 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 7 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be employed for an initial period of 1 year, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be temporary extended.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
We are a young, starting research group within the Department of Molecular Neurobiology that recently acquired substantial third-party funding from the European Research Council (ERC) and are therefore in the process of hiring PhD candidates, postdoctoral researchers and a research technician. Our research group is part of the Donders Institute , a world-class neuroscience institute with a lively and interactive culture.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
For questions about the position, please contact Marijn Kuijpers, Assistant Professor at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all.
You have a part to play!
Apply for this job
Apply for this job
This application process is managed by the employer (Radboud University). Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.Apply for this job via the employer's website
Thank you for applying
Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Tip: save this job as favorite in your AcademicTransfer account. This gives you an immediate overview and makes it easy to find the job later on. No account yet? Create it now and take advantage of other useful functionalities too!
Back to the vacancy
You can apply until 25 August 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Marijn Kuijpers. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, including the contact details of at least two references.
The first round of interviews will take place on Monday 29 August. You would preferably begin employment on 1 October 2022.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Associate Or Full Professor Of Human Biology, Radboud University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist studying human biology with a translational focus? Then the RIMLS-Science Institute of the Faculty of Science at Radboud University (Nijmegen...
Assistant Or Associate Professor Of Computational Biology, Radboud University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
We are looking for a faculty member in Computational Biology who will complement and strengthen research, teaching and management at the Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences institute, Fa...
Research , University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 1 day ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 56 000 students and 6 600 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...
Research Specialist In Stem Cell Biology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 1 day ago
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious researcher in stem cell biology. We offer a fun, collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as career development track opportunities to...
Senior Application Specialist Microtissues, ReGEN Biomedical, Netherlands, 5 days ago
As a senior stem cell biologist / bioengineer, you will be responsible for the expansion of stem cells to large numbers and for optimizing protocols to generate large numbers of micro-tissues from...
Research Technician , Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 16 hours ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...