The University of Groningen is an internationally oriented university, rooted in Groningen, the City of Talent. Quality has been central for 400 years. The result: the University of Groningen is in the top 100 on influential rankings.
The basic units Computational Mechanical and Materials Engineering (CMME) and Advanced Production Engineering (APE) of the Engineering and Technology Institute Groningen (ENTEG) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) have a vacancy in which the employee will work 50% to support CMME and 50% for APE.
● electronics assembly, microcontrollers, wireless sensor data acquisition, PCB electronics, micro-soldering, IoT devices
● mechanical and electronic characterization and testing of electronic devices, via equipment such as tension/compression testers, LCR meters, resistance meters, electrometers, NI DAQ, etc.
● maintenance and training associated with 3D printers (Boston Microfabrication, Formlabs, Ultimaker)
● realization of technical infrastructure: understanding and experience with setting up control cabinets, DAQ systems (SCADA), as well as sensor and measurement techniques for wind tunnels and wave flumes
● experience with mechanical characterization of materials and miniaturized electronic sensor packaging and testing
● experience of either working in a clean room or with micro electromechanical sensors; machine learning for sensor data processing is a big plus
● setting up measuring equipment for acoustic and ultrasound experiments
● setting up and conducting fluid dynamics measurements such as particle image velocimetry
● ordering materials and equipment for the groups; finding suppliers and organizing meetings with them
● establishing and maintaining a stock inventory for commonly used parts and components
● installation and maintenance of specially configured personal computers and IoT devices and equipment for education
● assisting students in conducting experiments.
Keywords: fine soldering, PCB electronics, lithography, 3D printers, microcontrollers, data acquisition, micro electromechanical systems (MEMS), sensor prototyping, lithography (and machine learning), equipment maintenance and training, assisting student projects, reading electronic schematics and CAD drawings, good computer skills on Windows PCs, evaluation and development platforms for prototyping with microcontrollers, hydraulic systems, sensors, data acquisition systems, metal, plastic and wood construction, safety
Ph.D. Positions On Collaborative Mobile Robots With Physical Human Robot Interaction, University of Bologna, Italy, 23 days ago
14 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Bologna Department Industrial Engineering Research Field Engineering » Control engineering Engineering » Mechanical engineering Engin...
Hybrid Sensors For Personalized Treatments In Hadron Therapy, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), Spain, 30 days ago
8 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) Department Centro Nacional de Microelectrónica (CNM) Research Field Physics » Applied physics...
Nanodosimeters For Improving Radiobiology Models, IMB-CNM-CSIC, Spain, 30 days ago
8 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company IMB-CNM-CSIC Department Centro Nacional de Microelectrónica (CNM) Research Field Physics » Applied physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher ...
Position Opening Opportunity At The Department Of Electrical Engineering, NATIONAL CHENG KUNG UNIVERSITY, China, 23 days ago
13 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL CHENG KUNG UNIVERSITY Research Field Computer science Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Position Opening Opportunity At The Department Of Electrical Engineering, NATIONAL CHENG KUNG UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
The Department of Electrical Engineering at National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, seeks applicants for open positions (professors/associate professors/assistant professors), with an expe...
Electronic And Electrochemical Biosensor Devices And Lab On Chip, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), Spain, about 23 hours ago
5 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) Department Centro Nacional de Microelectrónica (CNM) Research Field Technology » Micro-techno...