The research group Discrete Technology & Production Automation (DTPA) has a vacancy for a Research and Education assistant who will support both the teaching and research activities in the DTPA research group, as well as, in the educational programmes of Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) and Mechanical Engineering (ME). This includes technical support for PhD students and postdoc staff from both research groups and supervision of both bachelor and master students from IEM and ME.
• support the general operation of the lab
• assist research performed by graduate, undergraduate students and postdocs
• perform laboratory procedures and research as part of on-going research projects
• help with the maintenance and calibration of the equipment
• develop of new (chemical and electromechanical) methods, experiments and tools
• assist the group members with projects and experiments including setting up experiments, running experiments, collecting and recording data
• act as ARMICO (work and environment contact person), responsible for chemical safety, recycle and dispose of chemical waste, safety regulations, etc.
• assist students with the right process to handle hazardous waste and chemical compounds
• responsible of purchasing lab equipment and material; ensure the inventory is always stocked and that everything is clearly and correctly labeled
• assist with student practicals in preparing equipment, specimens and samples when necessary
• support the group members with computer programmes like SolidWorks, COMSOL Multiphysics, LabVIEW and MATLAB-Simulink.
In particular, you will:
• provide instructions to Bsc and Msc students and supervise BSc students in the Industrial Engineering and Management programme
• advise and offer technical support to MSc and PhD students from DTPA
• set up of practicums and participate in teaching and lab experiments
• coordination of lab experiments for courses such as Programming, Modeling & Simulation, CAD-CAM design and additive manufacturing
• represent DTPA, IEM and ME at relevant engineering fairs, and provide support in contacts with industry.
Dtu Tenure Track Researcher In Resource Recovery From Biological Processes, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
The Process and Systems Engineering Center (PROSYS) at the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering of the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is seeking to hire a highly motivated and...
Fermentation Support Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 8 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Research Laboratory Manager, Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 5 days ago
A research lab manager position is available in the Sahin Laboratory. The Sahin Lab focuses on translational research in rare genetic neurodevelopmental disorders, primary Tuberous Sclerosis Compl...
Assistant Professor, Department Of Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Location: SG Company: National University of Singapore Job Description The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) has featured consistent...
Professor/Associate Professor In Chemical Process Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
The Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering , Chalmers University of Technology is now recruiting a Professor or an Associate professor in Chemical Process Engineering. This position offe...
Fabrication Of Inkjet Printed Organic Photovoltaic Cells For Integration On Smart Contact Lenses, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2 days ago
- Degree: Master degree in one of the following fields (or similar): Materials Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, Bioengineerin...