Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Built Environment, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering
Institutes and others
TU/e innovation Space is the center of expertise for challenge-based learning and student entrepreneurship at TU/e, a learning hub for education innovation and an open community where students, researchers, industry, and societal organizations can exchange knowledge and develop responsible solutions to real world-challenges.
Besides collecting challenges for education, TU/e innovation Space provides space and support for teachers to develop and deliver their CBL education. In order to be able to help teachers and further develop the CBL education concept, TU/e innovation Space set up an expert pool in 2020. This expert pool consists of a group of experts and researchers from TU/e with a lot of experience and knowledge in the field of CBL, interdisciplinary education, and stimulating an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Eindhoven University of Technology has started a three-year project to enhance curricular education on sustainability and global challenges for all its students. The overarching goal is to provide students with theoretical knowledge, practical skills and critical thinking regarding systemic change and sustainability. They should be able to integrate these aspects in their studies, projects and later career.
The first phase (= first year) of the project will be focused on the definition of an overall education framework to support the necessary curricular changes (based on existing frameworks in literature and benchmarking with other organizations), build consensus on this framework with multiple relevant stakeholders across the university and design a strategy aimed to reach the goals of this project.
Who are you:
We are looking for a Project Leader (0.4fte) to lead the first phase of this project. As a project leader you will organize the different processes and workshops as required in the project, keep the relevant stakeholders and steering team involved, and keep track of the overall timing and financials of the project. You will also guide the rest of the team consisting of a number of student assistants. As a Project Leader we also expect you to contribute on content yourself were relevant. There is an existing overall project plan with defined processes, and work packages. However, there is room for improvements based on your experience and insights during the project.
You will report to prof. dr. arch. Isabelle Reymen, the scientific director of TU/e Innovation Space.
- Clear commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Goal-oriented and ‘can do’ mentality
- Good writing skills
- Relevant knowledge and/or experience in education and sustainability areas
- Proven recent project management experience in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experienced MSc, PdEng or PhD level of thinking and working
- Preferably from TU/e or with relevant knowledge about TU/e structure
Conditions of employment
What we offer:
- Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity and where you have plenty of room for personal development and growth;
- A one-year contract for 0,4 fte. This vacancy for this first project phase will start in the fall of 2021 and will last one year. On the conditions of proper functioning, mutual satisfaction and available funding, extension of the contract for the second and third year of the total project is in the line of expectation;
- An initial salary in accordance with the knowledge and experience offered, of a minimum of € 2910,- and a maximum of € 4012,- (salary scale 9) gross per month for a full-time appointment in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities.
- An end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary (corresponding to a monthly salary) and a holiday bonus of 8% of the annual salary.
- An appointment via EuFlex (TU/e secondment agency) is also an option.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
Information and application
Are you interested in this vacancy? Then upload your cover letter and resume via the "Apply now" button on the TU/e website.
This vacancy is published both internally and externally. In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will be given priority.
Program Manager/ Liaison Officer, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 4 days ago
WE ARE LOOKING FORProgram Manager / Liaison Officer University Alliance Eindhoven/ Wageningen/Utrecht (EWUU): AI for Health & Preventive HealthAre you an enthusiastic, people-oriented contact brok...
Program Manager Ai For Health & Preventive Health, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
For more information about the content of this vacancy you can contact Ben Rutten, director EAISI program board, telephone 040-2472272, e-mail b.j.c.m.rutten[at]tue.nl, or Patricia Jaspers, managi...
Teammanager Career & Professional Skills (0,8 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 1 day ago
The Education and Student Affairs service (ESA) is the central service point for teaching staff, students, and prospective students at Eindhoven University of Technology and provides a range of se...
Assistant Professor Protein Engineering And Ai, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 1 day ago
Are you a scientist whose research is on the frontier of protein engineering by using AI? Protein engineering holds the potential for revolutionary advances in medicine, materials, and environment...
Program Manager Jads Den Bosch, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 5 days ago
We do cool stuff that matters, with data. The Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) is a unique cooperation between Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Tilburg University (TiU). At J...
Assistant/Associate Professor – Chemical Biology, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 1 day ago
Are you a scientist who would like the challenge of addressing contemporary biomedical challenges via innovative organic chemistry-based approaches? We are expanding our expertise and have a new p...