We do cool stuff that matters, with data. The Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) is a unique cooperation between Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Tilburg University (TiU). At JADS, we believe that data science can provide answers to society's complex issues. We provide innovative educational programs, data science research, and support for business and society. With a team of lecturers, students, scientists and entrepreneurs - from a wide range of sectors and disciplines - we work on creating impact with data science. We do this by connecting people, sectors and industries: in the past 5 years we have been working with 300+ organizations on data-related projects. Our main drivers? Doing cool stuff that matters with data. Our location at the former monastery Mariënburg in Den Bosch houses a vibrant campus fully dedicated to data science.
Creating value, combining data science & entrepreneurship
As mentioned, a large number of organizations is collaborating with JADS. From startups to SME's, NGO's and large corporates, our business partners gain access to talent, high level knowledge and business opportunities. At JADS new data-driven business ideas are born all year round. Our students create their own start-ups and our looking for new collaborations or investors. We also welcome companies with their data & business innovation challenges in our professional education programs to transform an idea into a project.
As a Program Manager you will be working closely with researchers in the fields of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, you will be responsible for the (operational) management, governance and guidance of research programs that focus on the JADS application domains (Nature & AgriFood, Crime & Safety, Social & Digital Entrepreneurship). You are a sparring partner for (and support) the domain leaders of these application domains, interact with the associated regional and national network. You contribute to the writing of project proposals, reports, and policy documents. You will also be in close contact and collaborating with the JADS Impact team. For more information visit: www.jads.nl .
It is important that the Program Manager plays a unit-wide role, which includes both strategic planning and actual support for project applications concerning the acquisition of income from NWO calls and other research funds.
The position will include, among other things, the following tasks:
- Supporting the research units to develop a strategic roadmap. This is motivated by internal expertise and potential as well as by an analysis of what is expected from developments in funding programs in the coming years.
- Actively supporting scientists in writing research proposals, at various levels (advising, reviewing, and where possible 'co-writing' sections on subjects such as finance, research relevance and exploitation).
- Implementing of project management in the case of successfully acquired projects.
- Managing the portfolio of projects (keeping track of all subsidy applications and evaluating their outcome in order to inform future bids).
- Building and maintaining networks with (1) potential research partners/consortia, (2) funding institutions, (3) scientists within JADS and (4) scientists within both Universities (TU/e and TiU).
- Participating in national and international meetings about research programs; general (interest) representation of JADS on this subject at, among others, the NWO, the national science agenda, etc.
- Tracking and actively searching suitable opportunities for research funding, providing tailored information to scientists about calls that fit their expertise, and proactively initiating proposals together with scientists.
Administrative Assistant At The Nanomaterials Engineering Research Group , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 50%, Zurich, permanent The Nanomaterials En...
Associate Professor Of International Business (0.8 1.0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary: € 5,275 - € 6,421 Nijmegen School of Management Required background: PhD Application deadline: 1 November 2021 Getting the best out of science requi...
Research Engineer, Biomechanics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Job Description We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for medical research to assist in the development of a kinematic-based biomechanical wrist model. The candidate will...
Research Engineer, Laboratoire National de Santé (LNS), Luxembourg, 12 days ago
The National Health Laboratory is recruiting a Research Engineer (MSc or PhD in molecular biology, food science or biotechnologies) for its Food Surveillance Department, with a full-time (40 hrs/w...
Professor In Computational Science, UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND, Australia, 20 days ago
School of Science and Technology Continuing, full-time $189,889 (Level E) per annum Plus 17% employer superannuation. Salary packaging options are available. Relocation assistance provided Applica...
Assistant / Associate Professor Data Science For Life Science Communication (Tenure Track), Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 26 days ago
Are you highly motivated to understand and advance the use of data science / computational social sciences to address challenges in communicating complex life science topics in dynamic and polariz...