We do cool stuff that matters, with data. The Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) is a unique cooperation between Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Tilburg University (TiU). At JADS, we believe that data science can provide answers to society's complex issues. We provide innovative educational programs, data science research, and support for business and society. With a team of lecturers, students, scientists and entrepreneurs - from a wide range of sectors and disciplines - we work on creating impact with data science. We do this by connecting people, sectors and industries: in the past 5 years we have been working with 300+ organizations on data-related projects. Our main drivers? Doing cool stuff that matters with data. Our location at the former monastery Mariënburg in Den Bosch houses a vibrant campus fully dedicated to data science.
Creating value, combining data science & entrepreneurship
As mentioned, a large number of organizations is collaborating with JADS. From startups to SME's, NGO's and large corporates, our business partners gain access to talent, high level knowledge and business opportunities. At JADS new data-driven business ideas are born all year round. Our students create their own start-ups and our looking for new collaborations or investors. We also welcome companies with their data & business innovation challenges in our professional education programs to transform an idea into a project.
As a Program Manager you will be working closely with researchers in the fields of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, you will be responsible for the (operational) management, governance and guidance of research programs that focus on the JADS application domains (Nature & AgriFood, Crime & Safety, Social & Digital Entrepreneurship). You are a sparring partner for (and support) the domain leaders of these application domains, interact with the associated regional and national network. You contribute to the writing of project proposals, reports, and policy documents. You will also be in close contact and collaborating with the JADS Impact team. For more information visit: www.jads.nl .
It is important that the Program Manager plays a unit-wide role, which includes both strategic planning and actual support for project applications concerning the acquisition of income from NWO calls and other research funds.
The position will include, among other things, the following tasks:
- Supporting the research units to develop a strategic roadmap. This is motivated by internal expertise and potential as well as by an analysis of what is expected from developments in funding programs in the coming years.
- Actively supporting scientists in writing research proposals, at various levels (advising, reviewing, and where possible 'co-writing' sections on subjects such as finance, research relevance and exploitation).
- Implementing of project management in the case of successfully acquired projects.
- Managing the portfolio of projects (keeping track of all subsidy applications and evaluating their outcome in order to inform future bids).
- Building and maintaining networks with (1) potential research partners/consortia, (2) funding institutions, (3) scientists within JADS and (4) scientists within both Universities (TU/e and TiU).
- Participating in national and international meetings about research programs; general (interest) representation of JADS on this subject at, among others, the NWO, the national science agenda, etc.
- Tracking and actively searching suitable opportunities for research funding, providing tailored information to scientists about calls that fit their expertise, and proactively initiating proposals together with scientists.
Experienced Designer, DIFFER, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Show Details Summary: Are you an expert in the design of precision mechanical instruments and do you want to contribute to scientific research for the global energy transition? Do you want to work...
Project Manager Toxicology / Virtual Human Platform For Safety Assessment (0.8 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Project Manager Toxicology / Virtual Human Platform for Safety Assessment (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) Job description As Project Manager at the Toxicology division of the Institute for Risk Assessment Science...
Research Manager Mathematical Programming And Location Science, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 22 days ago
The research manager for Mathematical Programming and Location Science will establish a new line of research, as well as support and further extend the research in NUMA (Numerical Analysis and App...
University Professor For The Specialist Field Of Building Science & Human Ecology, Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 5 days ago
TU Wien is Austria's largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teach...
2021 224 03772, One Or More Assistant Professors In Operations Management, Aalborg University, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Materials and Production at Aalborg University, Aalborg Campus, one or more Assistant Professorships in the domain of Operations Management...
Assistant Professor Of Strategic Management And Corporate Sustainability (0.8 1.0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary: € 3,807 - € 5,211 Nijmegen School of Management Required background: PhD Application deadline: 5 December 2021 The Department of Business Administra...