We are looking for candidates who are internationally recognized in Media and Cultural Industries with a strong interest in processes of digitalization, datafication and platformization.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
· a PhD degree in Media Studies, Communication Studies or a closely related discipline
· an excellent research track record, as evidenced by an outstanding publication record of high-quality books and articles in international peer-reviewed journals
· successfully obtained funding for research projects/submitted excellent grant applications
· a relevant, strategic international network, demonstrated by, for example, participation in internationally renowned conferences and leading roles in editorial boards of academic journals
· extensive experience with teaching, active learning, coordination, independent supervision (of BA/MA students, PhD’s and Postdocs) and administrative tasks in BA/MA degrees programs related to Media Studies and/or Communication Studies
· an innovative view on teaching & teaching methods, including interdisciplinary teaching
· excellent leadership skills and demonstrable organizational competences
· a strong societal network and demonstrable experience with societal impact
· fluency in English (C1 level of the CEFR) and Dutch or willingness to learn the Dutch language within two years (to at least C1 level of the CEFR – for reading and listening).
And you are:
· an internationally recognized expert in Media Studies and/or Communication Studies who studies the field from a broad and interdisciplinary perspective
· communicating a clear vision of academic education and research, transcending your own discipline
· able to supervise, mentor and encourage the relatively young, dynamic team of staff members
· capable of and willing to create and strengthen collaborations between the department, the Research Institute, the Faculty and the broader research field and society
· acting as a representative of the programs to students and a broader audience, with a strong societal network and demonstrable experience with societal impact; capable of translating research and teaching to a general audience
· representing the field through his/her contacts with other universities in the Netherlands
· expected to acquire external research funding
· contributing to the organization of the department, cluster and faculty, for example by participating in committees and working groups in the fields of teaching, research and management
· a team player with good communication skills
· willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification and academic leadership courses with the ability to reflect on your leadership skills and style.
Familiarity with the Dutch educational system is considered an asset.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Faculty is considering only those applicants who are ready to move to Groningen and live in the near environment of Groningen within a period of two years.
Lecturers In Media Studies (0.8 0.8 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has established an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative university offering high-quality teaching and researc...
Communications Advisor External/Research Communication (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
At the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) we are committed to serving our local, national, and international communities; by impacting science, business practice and society at large. Our mis...
Professor Of Middle Eastern Studies (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Faculty of Arts Situated in the bustling economic and cultural capital of the region, the University of Groningen is a research-intensive university with a truly global outlook that attracts a lar...
Chair In Econometrics (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Organisation The University of Groningen, founded in 1614, has a strong focus on research. We are in the top 100 of several influential university ranking lists. The Faculty of Economics and Busin...
Ph D Researcher Innovating Cross Media Research On Public Debates, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Are you looking for a challenging job in a dynamic setting? The Amsterdam School for Heritage, Memory and Material Culture currently has a vacant PhD position in the area of innovating cross med...
Study Advisor / Staff Member International Office (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Organisation The Faculty of Law of the University of Groningen is a modern, internationally oriented institution, which builds on a longstanding tradition of almost four centuries. The Faculty con...