Vacancy in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This is a non-renewable post for a limited duration of 4 years and is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
This opportunity is open for the specific needs of a National Project. Accordingly, the external candidate selected for this post will continue to be considered an external candidate for the purposes of any future applications to the Agency.
ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
You will work on the activities related to the Greek National Satellite Space Project for which ESA is providing technical support. The project is part of Greece’s Recovery and Resilience Facility plans, which aim to enhance its capabilities in satellite technologies and applications and empower the country to exchange satellite data.
You will be assigned as integrated support from the Product Assurance and Safety Department to the Telecommunications Satellite Programmes Department (TIA-P) in the Directorate of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications within the Product Assurance and Safety Oﬃce and will report hierarchically to the Head of TIA Product Assurance and Safety Oﬃce and functionally to the relevant TIA-P Project Manager of the projects assigned in carrying out the role.
For maintenance of professional standards, implementation of the ESA general PA&S policy and contributions to corporate tasks (e.g. reviews, standardisation, alerts, lessons learned, etc.), you will report to the Head of the Product Assurance and Safety Department through the Head of TIA Product Assurance and Safety Oﬃce.
Speciﬁc responsibilities and duties include:
- establishment and maintenance of the tailored PA&S requirements baseline for assigned contracts in compliance with the general ESA PA&S policy;
- reviewing contractors’ plans, speciﬁcations and eﬀort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S;
- guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/eﬀectiveness, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- planning, coordinating and monitoring the assigned PA&S workforce providing support to the project team;
- representing ESA in the Boards established for reviews (failure reviews, test reviews, etc.) and in the disposition of non-conformances/anomalies, etc.;
- guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of electrical, electronic and electromechanical (EEE) parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of the applicable requirements;
- ensuring the implementation of the software PA requirements baseline;
- ensuring the preparation of design trade-oﬀs, analyses and reports using Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) data to support project decisions;
- monitoring manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and conﬁguration inspections;
- deﬁning the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- reviewing contractors’ PA&S analyses and safety data packages, ensuring that they are available at planned dates to support the safety review schedule, in coordination with the safety authorities;
- providing support for the tracking of the overall implementation of PA&S veriﬁcations;
- supervising the performance of contractor PA&S activities during launch campaigns.
In the execution of these tasks, you will be supported by experts from the project team and the ESA Directorate of Technical and Quality Management.
Knowledge of Product Assurance, Safety and Quality Management disciplines
Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews
Experience with the application of product assurance tools and methods
Experience in the technical domains covered by the position
Experience with Space Quality Standards and their preparation and implementation
A master’s degree in engineering is required for this post.
Understanding of and experience in telecommunications missions in partnership with operators and/or industry.
* PA&S covers safety, reliability, availability, maintainability, quality assurance, components, materials and processes and software product assurance.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework .
For further information please visit: Professionals , What we offer and FAQ
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia.
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment conducted by an external background screening service.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.
Special Scientist For Research, Research Engineer I, UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, Europe, 22 days ago
KIOS RESEARCH AND INNOVATION CENTER OF EXCELLENCE Research Engineer (Transportation) Title: Special Scientist for Research (Research Engineer I) No. of Positions: Two (2) Category: Employment cont...
Special Scientist For Research Research Engineer I, UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, Europe, 22 days ago
Title: Special Scientist for Research (Research Engineer I) No. of Positions: Two (2) Category: Employment contract Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus The KIOS Research and Innovation...
Laser Safety Officer, McGill University, Canada, 5 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Assistant Professor In Civil Engineering, University of Iceland, Iceland, 21 days ago
The Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, in the School of Engineering and Natural Sciences at the University of Iceland, invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in ...
Ph.D. Position In Numerical Simulations Of Plasma Assisted Combustion, CentraleSupélec, Suriname, 20 days ago
PhD student position Numerical simulation of decarbonized turbulent flames stabilized by plasma Context Hydrocarbon combustion, involved in more than 80% of the worldwide primary energy consumptio...
European Space Agency Regional Ambassador R83104, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY Innovation, Impact and Business This new full – time post is subject to a successful funding bid and is anticipated to start immediately on a fixed term basis for three ye...