Postdoctoral researcher - Utrecht Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (1.0 FTE)
RENFORCE is a dynamic research programme for some 40 researchers from EU law, international law, constitutional law, administrative law, criminal law, private law, economic law, and criminology. It builds on the Utrecht Law School Europa Institute's renowned and longstanding reputation in the field of the interaction between European and national legal orders. The set-up of the research programme is essentially legal in nature, but seeks input and interplay with other academic disciplines. RENFORCE researchers engage in the analysis of the legitimacy and effectiveness of regulation and enforcement in Europe, based on in-depth understanding of the specificities of and diversity between different policy areas and regulatory and enforcement arrangements.
RENFORCE develops its research particularly through the following ‘building blocks’:
- Conceptual and theoretical foundations of regulation and enforcement in Europe
- Digitalization & technological innovation in Europe
- Equality and social justice
- EU values in international trade
- Illegal environmental markets
- Legislation in an EU context
- Migration and asylum
- Verticalization of enforcement
- conduct innovative research in connection to at least two of the building blocks;
- contributes to the application of (collaborative) research grants;
- be active in promoting the research activities of RENFORCE through various platforms, with a view to expand its network and visibility also among practitioners;
- contribute to the overall coordination and direction of the RENFORCE research programme;
- participate in the organization of research activities and events, such as conferences, workshops and joint publications;
- regularly present intermediate research results at (inter)national workshops and conferences, and publish them in proceedings and leading journals.
- a doctorate (PhD) in EU law or, alternatively, in another area of law (e.g. criminal law, civil law, constitutional law, administrative law, or public international law), provided that the research includes a clear EU law dimension;
- a strong affinity with the core theme of the research programme and an interest in crossing the disciplinary borders of legal doctrine;
- team player with good communication skills;
- excellent command of English; command of Dutch is an asset;
- knowledge of different research methodologies (e.g. comparative, empirical) is an asset as well.
Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). Here you'll find more information about working at Utrecht University .
About the organization
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance is a faculty at the heart of society, with a strong focus on social issues. Our subjects of Law, Economics and Governance give us a strong mix of academic disciplines that complement and enhance each other. This is a unique combination and a mark of our faculty's strength.
The School of Law has provided quality research and education for more than 350 years. Constant innovation has enabled the School to maintain its leading position. Top-ranking research is conducted in all important legal fields: private law, criminal law, constitutional and administrative law, EU law, public international law. Researchers collaborate intensively with foreign partners, mainly from the angle of European and comparative law. The School of Law also conducts contract research and consultancy for other organisations. The extensive educational programme is based on academic research conducted within the faculty of Law, Economics and Governance. Students are trained to be highly qualified, internationally-oriented lawyers on the basis of modern didactical principles.
The School of Law aspires to a diverse body of staff (and students) and it similarly strives to create and sustain a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Women and candidates with a minority background are encouraged to apply for this position. For information about the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy of the University see:
The application deadline is
Post Doc Legal Epistemic Authority In Poland. Development And Dynamics 1982 2020, University of Wroclaw, Poland, 2 days ago
- A PhD degree in social sciences in the discipline of legal sciences or sociology of law obtained on the basis of a dissertation thematically covering issues in the area of sociology of law, theo...
University Assistant (Prae Doc), Faculty of Law, Austria, 14 days ago
The chair of Prof. Zerbes is an autonomous organisational unit within the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology und focusses primarily on criminal law, criminal procedural law as well as on t...
Assistant Professorship In Tax Law At Cbs Law In The Department Of Management, Politics And Philosophy, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Assistant Professorship in Tax Law at CBS LAW in the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy CBS LAW, Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, at the Copenhagen Business School...
Announcement For Research Fellow A Ius/04, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy, 18 days ago
Topics about scientific field of business law in general and company law. The candidate will have to conduct research in the field of commercial law, according to a multidisciplinary approach, als...
Doctoral Researcher On D Igita Lisation Law And Innovation / Dillan, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 17 days ago
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of ...
University Assistant (Prae Doc), Faculty of Law, Austria, 17 days ago
At the Department of Constitutional and Administrative Law of the Vienna Faculty of Law, Prof. Michael Potacs is looking for a University Assistant; in the field of Public Law to support his team....