- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary: € 2,846 - € 4,490
- Faculty of Science
- Required background: PhD
- Application deadline: 30 June 2022
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher who will support the inventory of extant knowledge of trust in science as part of a Horizon Europe project called IANUS (Inspiring and Anchoring Trust in Science, Research and Innovation).
Your research will contribute to a responsive and responsible approach to current issues related to trust and distrust in science, legitimacy and research, justified/unjustified distrust, etc., taking into account impacts of techno-scientific research such as on the value of life, naturalness, perceptions of safety in research, etc.
You will contribute to the IANUS project by interviewing representatives of past national and European projects on trust in science, mapping extant grey/white literature (project reports, academic literature, policy briefs, etc.) as well as participating in events and workshops. Your task will further consist of code signing an artistic methodology for discussions of trust in science in connection with sustainable innovation for the bio-based economy. Your reports will form the basis of the project's further research endeavours and it will form input for a scientific paper that you will be encouraged to author or co-author.
- You have a background in ethics, science and technology studies, European science policy or a comparable discipline.
- You have an interest in European science policy.
- You have relevant expertise in the 'creative' commons of techno-science, the arts and the humanities.
- You are able to facilitate contacts between academics and societal stakeholders.
- Preferably, you are a postdoctoral researcher who is eager to publish critical academic material.
- You are familiar with a pragmatic hands-on 'action research' approach.
- You are interested in European science policy, as well as in the networks of institutes and partners involved in its making.
The Institute for Science in Society (ISiS) is part of the Faculty of Science at Radboud University. ISiS hosts a variety of experts including philosophers, sociologists, anthropologists and interdisciplinary scientists with the aim to analyse, assess and improve the societal embedding of science and technology. We provide research and education for both undergraduate and graduate science students. Our research and education focuses on how actors - whether they are scientists, citizens, technology developers, or nature conservationists - understand the world around them and how such understanding can be improved to facilitate the addressing of complex issues in science and technology.
ISiS is part of Radboud University's Faculty of Science. ISiS provides an open academic culture of collaboration and mutual learning in which staff members are offered opportunities to learn and develop themselves. We are collaborative and inspiring rather than hierarchical, and consider research and teaching to be teamwork and a matter of shared responsibility.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,846 and a maximum of €4,490 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 16 months.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Laurens Landeweerd, Assistant Professor at +31 6 47 80 42 80 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical information and applications
You can apply until 30 June 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Laurens Landeweerd. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Postdoctoral Researcher: Social Inequality And Diversity, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Are you a scientist with a PhD degree in social science? Interested in further developing research on social inequality and diversity? Please join our faculty as postdoctoral researcher. You will ...
Postdoc 'Radboud Consortium For Glycoscience', Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 25 days ago
The Radboud Consortium for Glycoscience (RCG) is an interfaculty initiative to promote research in the field of Glycosciences. Research groups of the Medical and Science faculties of Radboud Unive...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Functional Neurogenetics, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Netherlands, 27 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher, Functional Neurogenetics A 3-year postdoctoral position in functional neurogenetics is available within the Language & Genetics Department at the Max Planck Institute, Nij...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Sociology, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 28 days ago
Are you interested in the study of trust, distrust and the taken-for-granted assumptions in which (dis)trust is rooted? Would you like to investigate the roots of (dis)trust in contexts of health ...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Modelling And Simulation Of Marangoni Flows, EURAXESS, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Benefits It concerns an employment for 0.6 (12 months contract) - 1.0 FTE (7 months contract). The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,960 and a maximum of €4,670 based on a 38-hour wo...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Digital Humanities And Hispanic Studies, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 18 days ago
Last May, Prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme handed over his family archive to Radboud University. Would you like to conduct research on this extensive collection that can offer new perspectives on...