- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary: € 3,821 - € 5,230
- Nijmegen School of Management
- Required background: PhD
- Application deadline: 30 June 2022
Are you an experienced researcher in the area of gender equality, diversity and inclusion in organisations? Then you have a part to play as a postdoctoral researcher as part of the Horizon Europe funded centre of excellence INSPIRE. Use your research to implement inclusive gender equality in research and innovation across Europe. All while working in a friendly, dynamic work environment which offers ample room for both team science and individual initiative.
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management (Radboud University) is offering a postdoctoral position for 48 months, starting at 1 October 2022. INSPIRE, the new Centre of Excellence, will provide thought leadership and direction in the design, implementation, and evaluation of inclusive Gender Equality Plans from an intersectional perspective across Europe. It brings together cutting-edge knowledge, ambitious policy approaches, and innovative practices, and involves a wide range of researchers, practitioners and institutions.
As a postdoctoral researcher, you will work in the key area of sustaining and deepening change for inclusive gender equality in the research and innovation ecosystem. This means a focus on issues such as involving multiple stakeholders in the co-creation of change, dealing with resistance, changes in top management unsympathetic to inclusive gender equality, and integration of change in work processes and broader strategic agendas. We are looking for an experienced researcher in the area of gender equality, diversity and inclusion in organisations. You will be tasked with a review of the state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and knowledge from previous gender equality projects on sustainable change to build the evidence base on GEP design, implementation and results. You will be involved in the development of an analytical template to map existing knowledge and define the knowledge gaps on the design and implementation of gender equality plans, which will frame subsequent research activities of the Centre of Excellence. You will conduct comparative case studies to identify the configuration of factors leading to success or failure of gender equality plans. You will be involved in community engagement and support services to translate research results into actionable tools for practitioners. You will be part of the international and transdisciplinary INSPIRE team and its wide network.
- You hold a PhD in one or more of the following disciplines: gender and diversity studies, business and management studies, organisation studies, political economy, political science, industrial relations, sociology, or a related discipline.
- You have knowledge of and an interest in gender equality, diversity and inclusion in organisations.
- You have an interest in the design and implementation of inclusive gender equality plans in the research and innovation domains.
- You have strong analytical skills and a background in multiple methodologies, particularly in qualitative and action research methods.
- You have excellent academic writing skills, as evidenced by publications (published or forthcoming).
- You have strong communication and networking skills.
- You have strong skills in project management and a flexible and proactive attitude to work, making you a team player and pleasant collaboration partner.
- You have a high proficiency in English.
The Nijmegen School of Management is an academic centre of research and higher learning. It has seven focus areas: Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Economics, Social and Political Sciences of the Environment, Human Geography, and Spatial Planning. NSM strives for a multidisciplinary approach whenever possible. Altogether, NSM employs 350 FTEs, 75% of whom are academics.
Both Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes are offered in the seven focus areas, which are organised in NSM's educational institute. The educational programme is characterised by small-scale teaching and provides a stimulating learning environment with an emphasis on the development of academic skills. NSM currently has approximately 5,000 students. NSM's research activities fall under the responsibility of the interdisciplinary Institute for Management Research (IMR). Under the motto 'Responsible Governance for Sustainable Societies', our researchers carry out state-of-the-art research into complex problems of governance and management, in order to explain the causes of these problems, and to use that knowledge to create potential solutions. They combine knowledge and expertise from multiple disciplines with collaboration with relevant societal actors.
The vacant position in the Department of Business Administration is linked to the Chair of Prof. Yvonne Benschop and is part of INSPIRE, the Horizon Europe funded Centre of Excellence on Inclusive Gender Equality in Research and Innovation. You will be based at Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands).
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE (0.8 FTE research and 0.2 FTE education in case of 1.0 FTE).
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,821 and a maximum of €5,230 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 4 years.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Yvonne Benschop at +31 24 361 30 07 or email@example.com .
Practical information and applications
You can apply until 30 June 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Prof. Dr. Yvonne Benschop. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
- Two samples of your writing, for example a forthcoming or published publication and/or chapter of your PhD thesis.
- A short outline of your envisaged research activities over the postdoctoral period and beyond (1-2 pages).
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Postdoc ‘Understanding Intergenerational Transmission Of Mental Health Problems Through Advanced Neuroimaging And Genomics’, Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 3 days ago
Postdoc ‘Understanding intergenerational transmission of mental health problems through advanced neuroimaging and genomics’ Postdoc ‘Understanding intergenerational transmission of mental health p...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Modelling And Simulation Of Marangoni Flows, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Benefits It concerns an employment for 0.6 (12 months contract) - 1.0 FTE (7 months contract). The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,960 and a maximum of €4,670 based on a 38-hour wo...
Post Doctoral Researcher (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 15 days ago
The Leibniz Institute for Resilience Research (LIR) gGmbH is an independent research institute aiming for a better understanding of resilience, i.e., an individual’s ability to successfully adapt ...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Digital Humanities And Hispanic Studies, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 24 days ago
Last May, Prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme handed over his family archive to Radboud University. Would you like to conduct research on this extensive collection that can offer new perspectives on...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Social Inequality And Diversity, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Are you a scientist with a PhD degree in social science? Interested in further developing research on social inequality and diversity? Please join our faculty as postdoctoral researcher. You will ...
Postdoctoral Researcher In The Philosophy, Theology Or Religious Studies (# Of Pos: 3), Radboud University, Netherlands, 30 days ago
The Dutch government has decided to invest for the long term in academic research by means of three so-called 'sector plans'. These investments enable the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Relig...