Irène Curie Fellowship
Chemical Engineering and Chemistry
- Are you enthusiastic about advanced scattering and microscopy tools?
- Do you want to contribute to the protein transition?
- Are you interested in self-assembly, engineered proteins and nanoparticles?
- Are you passionate about science and keen to interact with others?
In the consortium ‘Animal-free milk proteins’ which involves many companies, Wageningen University and Eindhoven University of Technology, we aim to create large colloidal particles called casein micelles from caseins which are not derived from cow milk. The consortium focuses through various parallel subprojects on 1) production of the right caseins by yeast, 2) reconstitution of casein micelles from these caseins, 3) the physical properties of these reconstituted caseins, 4) cheese preparation from the reconstituted casein micelles and investigation of casein digestibility, 5) social aspects of this novel way of producing milk, and 6) the economic feasibility and sustainability of this process. In this project you will use scattering, electron and super-resolution microscopy tools to develop strategies to reconstitute casein micelles upon co-assembly of various yeast-derived caseins. You will study the (dis)assembly pathways, size, shape, stability and other properties of the reconstituted micelles. Our aim is to develop a versatile approach to assemble from the individual, animal-free milk proteins casein micelles with a tailored composition, dimensions, morphology and stability, so that these hydrocolloids can be used to prepare dairy products like cheese.
- PhD in physical chemistry, soft matter, experimental (bio)physics, or related discipline. Experience with self-assembly, (milk) proteins, scattering tools, and super-resolution microscopy. Knowledge of food science is preferred.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by an outstanding PhD thesis and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong motivation to do excellent, original, fundamental research.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Independent and goal-oriented scientist. Team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary, and international context.
Conditions of employment
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- A full-time employment for 1 year initially with possibility to extend by 1 year.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10 (monthly salary gross min. € 3.877,- and max. € 5.090,-).
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- A TU/e Postdoc Association that helps you to build a stronger and broader academic and personal network, and offers tailored support, training and workshops.
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Collaborative opportunities with leading experts in the field
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact the hiring manager prof.dr.ir. Ilja Voets, i.voets[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5303.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact Leo van Houten, l.v.houten[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 8269.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
Join our team and take the next step in your research career. If you have a passion for innovation and a drive to push the boundaries of science, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- A letter of recommendation from one or more of your references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
Screening of applications will continue until the position has been filled.
Don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work on pioneering research in the field of Polymerization-Induced Electrostatic Self-Assembly!
Researcher In Biophysical Chemistry (Pa2023/3758) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Description of the workplace The Center for Molecular Protein Science (CMPS) Department of Chemistry brings together scientists active within the fields of biochemistry, molecular biophysics, stru...
Post Doctoral Fellow, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Position Overview KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on an exciting research project focused on cutting-edge research initiatives in the realm of innovative dairy proces...
Research Assistant, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Position Overview KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to work on an exciting research project focused on cutting-edge research initiatives in the realm of innovative dairy processi...
Postdoc In Protein Chemistry And Structural Biology Dtu Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
Are you a passionate and driven researcher with a keen interest in unraveling the mysteries of the brain's serotonin production? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Our research projec...
Postdoc In Autonomous Formulation Discovery, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 17 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherla...
Postdoc Position In Biotechnology And Applied Microbiology, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoc to join our group of researchers that is busy investigating the huge yeast biodiversity in nature, with the aim of identifying and characterizing non...