- 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 3,974 - € 5,439
- Required background
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Application deadline
- 08 January 2023
Are you a scientist with an interest in education, research and intelligent technologies, and you want to work for an organisation that is of social significance? At the National Education Lab for Artificial Intelligence (NOLAI in Dutch) we develop intelligent technologies aimed at improving the quality of primary and secondary education. Over the next ten years, NOLAI will team up with schools, universities and companies to create new innovations with AI for education. As a postdoctoral researcher on the pedagogical-didactical aspects of AI in education, you will contribute to NOLAI's goals in our scientific programme.
The new National Education Lab AI (NOLAI ), located at Radboud University in the Netherlands, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to study the pedagogical-didactic aspects of AI in education. You are part of the pedagogical-didactic team in the lab's scientific programme.
The scientific programme supports the co-creation programme and creates the preconditions necessary for a successful dialogue with schools discussing the innovative use of AI in education and developing new innovations with AI in co-creation between schools, scientists and researchers. The aim of the scientific programme is to gain insight into the pedagogical, social and ethical consequences of innovations with intelligent technologies in education. It examines the opportunities and risks of intelligent technologies from the augmentation perspective that views AI as a potential tool for teachers and students.
The scientific programme consists of four focus areas:
You will work together with two other postdocs associated with these focus areas and the NOLAI professors.
The focus area 'Pedagogical-didactic aspects of AI' is led by Prof. Eliane Segers and Prof. Carla Haelermans of Maastricht University. This focus area combines theoretical knowledge on learning and technology (and its development) with an evidence-based research approach for studying AI in education.
You will work closely with teachers in primary and secondary education as well as developers and edtech companies. Together with the co-creation partners, a design-based approach is followed for the development and evaluation of innovative intelligent technologies. You will be able to act as a linking pin between these co-creation projects in designing AI solutions for educational challenges, connecting them to existing scientific knowledge of pedagogics and didactics.
- You should hold a PhD in a relevant field (educational sciences, pedagogics, educational economics, psychology or teacher education) and have an understanding of the pedagogical-didactic implications of AI in education.
- You have an understanding of the use of educational technologies in terms of learning theories, instructional designs and pedagogical practices.
- You have experience in collaborating with educational professionals and businesses agents.
- You are able to help schools translate their practical questions into researchable questions and applications.
- You are an expert in developing and performing validation research and have knowledge of the required methods.
- You have extensive experience in writing scientific publications.
- You have good cooperation skills and a good command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Dutch language skills are an advantage, but not strictly required.
The Dutch Education Lab for Artificial Intelligence (NOLAI) is a consortium including schools, universities and companies, which aims to develop innovative intelligent technologies that will help improve the quality of primary and secondary education over the next ten years. With the help of these innovations, the increasing demand for responsible innovation with intelligent technologies in the public sector education will be met. NOLAI is organisationally embedded in the Faculty of Social Sciences of Radboud University and consists, on the one hand, of a scientific programme (where researchers and data scientists work) and, on the other, of a co-creation programme (in which education, science and business work collaboratively on projects). In total, about 30 to 40 people will be working at NOLAI and many more people will be involved in carrying out the co-creation projects.
At the Faculty of Social Sciences we immerse ourselves in the behaviour, feeling and thinking of people. People and society are the focus of our work. Within that context, we look at themes such as human behaviour and psyche, education and upbringing, communication, society and culture. The faculty offers education to 6,000 students and employs 700 staff.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,974 and a maximum of €5,439 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 3 year.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Inge Molenaar, Director of NOLAI at +316 311 321 97 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, you can contact Eliane Segers, Professor Orthopedagogics: Learning and Development at email@example.com .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 8 January 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Inge Molenaar. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 08 January 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Dr Molenaar, I. (Inge)
Director of NOLAI
firstname.lastname@example.org +316 311 321 97
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 21 November 2022
Share this page
Postdoc In Mathematics For Ai: Geometric Deep Learning, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 5 days ago
Project description and information about the department The Department of Mathematical Sciences at Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg has about 200 employees, and ...
Postdoc Computational Pathology Research, Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 16 days ago
Postdoc Computational Pathology research Postdoc Computational Pathology research Published Deadline Location today 9 Feb Nijmegen Job description The Computational Pathology Group (CPG) is curren...
Postdoc Position Federated Machine Learning For Complex Multi Omics Data , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 5 days ago
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark for the Computational Biology laboratory chaired by Professor Richard Röttger invites applications for a p...
Postdoc In Optimization Techniques For Vehicle Aerodynamic Applications, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 5 days ago
Be part of an exciting environment and contribute to reduce the energy usage in the transport sector with your expertise in optimization techniques. With electrification, road vehicles can take ne...
Postdoc Position In Bioinformatics In Cancer Biology , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
A postdoc position is immediately available in the team of Associate Professor Paolo Ceppi at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark. Application dea...
Postdoc In Surface Sensitive Microscopy Of Biological Nanoparticles, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 5 days ago
We are looking for 1-2 postdocs to join our team in the fields of biomolecular self assembly, lipid-based surface modifications and surface sensitive microscopy for investigations of nanoparticle-...