Postdoctoral researcher Integrated photonic quantum
Postdoctoral researcher Integrated photonic quantum
TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research, we contribute to progress in the technical sciences, to the development of technological innovations, and as a result to the growth of prosperity and welfare in the region and beyond. TU/e maintains close links with industry, healthcare and the building & logistics sectors.
Quantum Delta Eindhoven hub
Quantum Delta NL is public-private foundation, launched in 2020 with the mandate to coordinate and execute the Netherland's National Agenda for Quantum Technology (NAQT). Recently Quantum Delta NL has been awarded, in the context of the National Growth Fund, €615 million from the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy to power the advancement of quantum technology.
TU/e hosts one of the five Quantum Delta NL major quantum hubs, collaborating on innovation by bringing together top-quality scientists, engineers, students, and entrepreneurs, working together on the frontier of quantum technology.
One of the priorities in the Eindhoven Quantum hub is the implementation of quantum-enabling technologies and test-bed for its validation, test and certification. Its mission is to perform fundamental and applied research to push the boundaries of quantum devices, materials and technology development and to develop novel methods, applications and use cases to the benefit of society.
We are seeking a photonic integration (PIC) postdoctoral researcher to join team of the KAT2 project of the national growth fund quantum delta NL, that will deliver PIC based solutions and miniaturized modules for quantum cryptography and authentication systems.
The candidate will work in a team composed of postdoc researchers, assistant/associate professors, engineers, PhDs, and students. The candidate will interact with experts on photonic integration and QKD systems and with the team establishing the testbed for quantum secure communications and networking.
You will be assigned to the Terahertz & Quantum Systems laboratory, which is part of the ECO group, focusing on system-on-chip approaches for Terahertz and Quantum systems, using electronics, photonics and their co-integration. In KAT2 the laboratory contributes to developing PIC based solutions for QKD systems, creating facilities for the characterization, test, and evaluation of quantum technologies, devices, sub-systems, and networking and its applications to edge, 5G and other use cases. These are used to further support the development and operations for the KAT2 activities of the Eindhoven quantum hub.
You will therefore support the research activities of the group and its projects in the following areas:
- System-on-chip development using photonic, electronics and their co-integration.
- Integrated quantum photonic devices and sub-systems.
- Design, simulation and final layout of devices and sub-systems such as Alice, Bob, Charlie and QRNG.
- Optical and RF characterization of devices.
- Making sure proper design and interfacing for system test and evaluation.
- Perform test & experiments as needed to support design optimization and proposals.
This is a full-time position located at TU/e, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
The requested start of work as soon as possible thereafter.
- max. 38 hours per week
- Eindhoven View on Google Maps
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
The successful candidate shall have:
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or related disciplines.
- Experience with PIC design; experience with IC is an asset.
- Familiarity with photonics foundry PDKs, layout, or test automation is an asset.
- Understanding of the fabrication process of integrated circuits photonics and electronics.
- Understanding of quantum devices and systems-QRNG, QKD, is an asset.
- Experience in simulation and testing of PIC in laboratory conditions.
- Affinity with working in academic research lab with PhD, Postdocs and MSc students.
- Comfortable working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team ranging from quantum and cryptography theory, 5G engineering, up to business development.
- Outstanding teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Conditions of employment
- You will work in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- Full-time employment for minimum one year (PostDoc) up to a maximum 3 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for research and valorization, professional development courses for PhD students, and didactical courses of the TEACH training program.
- A gross monthly salary, depending on experience and knowledge. Salary is in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities, scale 10.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- A TU/e Postdoc Association that helps you to build a stronger and broader academic and personal network, and offers tailored support, training and workshops.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof.dr.ir. I. Tafur Monroy, i.tafur.monroy[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HR Services Flux, HRServices.flux[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process .
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page or visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now' button on this page.
The application should include:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of two references.
- A copy of your PhD Thesis
- Copies of diplomas and course grades
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. The screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary, please combine files.
Further information: Recent QKD announcements:
 https://www.nature.com/articles/s41566-019-0532-1(Integrated photonic quantum technologies)
Working at TU/e
Join the Eindhoven University of Technology and contribute to a brighter tomorrow for us all. Find out what sets TU/e apart.
Apply for this job
Apply for this job
This application process is managed by the employer (Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)). Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.Apply for this job via the employer's website
Thank you for applying
Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Tip: save this job as favorite in your AcademicTransfer account. This gives you an immediate overview and makes it easy to find the job later on. No account yet? Create it now and take advantage of other useful functionalities too!
Back to the vacancy
Postdoc In Experimental Quantum Physics, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 9 days ago
Are you a eager to push optical atomic clocks and atom interferometers to new levels in a lively, international research group? Our Strontium Quantum Gases Group is looking for a postdoc who want...
Postdoctoral Researcher Quantum & Society: Metaphors For Quantum Science And Technology, Leiden University, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science is looking for a: Postdoctoral researcher - quantum & society: metaphors for quantum science and technology Vacancy number: 22-759 Project description This project...
Postdoc In Experimental Quantum Physics , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Are you a eager to push optical atomic clocks and atom interferometers to new levels in a lively, international research group? Our Strontium Quantum Gases Group is looking for a postdoc who wan...
Postdoc Position On Quantum Acoustics, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Vacancies Postdoc position on Quantum Acoustics Key takeaways Hours40 hr. Salary indication€ 3,557 - € 4,670 Deadline31 Dec 2022 This postdoc project is part of the national program on Quantum Aco...
Postdoc Position On Quantum Acoustics, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 16 days ago
This postdoc project is part of the national program on Quantum Acoustics (QUAKE). In this program, we plan to explore the new field of quantum acoustics, an analogue of quantum optics and circuit...
Postdoc Quantum Engineering Systems, The Design Society, Worldwide, about 23 hours ago
Closing Date: April 16th 2022 Job description Research on quantum technologies is currently scaling up from laboratory research to implementation of first applications. This postdoc position aims ...