11 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
28 May 2023 - 22:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Nijmegen School of Management is looking for a strong postdoctoral researcher who can support advancing the representation of social systems and behavioral factors in climate-economy-environment modelling. The postholder will contribute to a better understanding of demand-side climate change mitigation through behavioral changes, and the crucial role of social systems in rapid decarbonization.
The desired candidate will contribute to developing modeling methods and data to study the social dynamics of low-carbon behavior changes, such as shifts to plant-based diets, emerging from individual behavior change and in relation to economic, environmental and political factors. They will join and (co-)lead existing research efforts, while helping identify, plan, and create new opportunities and research directions. The successful candidate will represent Radboud University in the international WorldTrans project funded by Horizon Europe, and collaborate with a wide network of leading scientists in modelling human and earth system feedbacks.
This postdoctoral project will mainly involve the extension of the FeliX system dynamics model to capture the individual, social, and structural factors behind behavior change for low-carbon consumption at a global level. Therefore, it will include complementary qualitative and quantitative data and model-based analysis of the feedback mechanisms leading to widespread behavioral changes and their cascading effects on global food and energy demand, as well as climate change mitigation. This postdoctoral role will also involve producing figures, maps, and visualizations to check results and efficiently communicate findings; presenting the methods and results to both technical and non-technical audiences; and writing reports and scientific papers to communicate findings. It is expected that the postdoc will also be responsible for teaching activities for the 0.2 fte, in addition to their research responsibilities.
- You hold a PhD degree in a related field of economics, engineering, or social sciences.
- You are a motivated researcher on climate change mitigation, and you have domain knowledge in demand-side mitigation, the role of food and energy consumption choices, and the role of psychosocial factors in behavioral changes.
- You have knowledge of and hands-on experience with quantitative system dynamics modelling.
- You can fluently use a system dynamics modelling software (preferably Vensim, or Stella, PowerSim, AnyLogic etc.) and scietific programming ability, ideally in Python, or a similar language.
- You have experience in integrated assessment modelling, modelling of climate, economy, environment interactions, or with models representing human behavior such as social diffusion, innovation adoption, epidemics or behavior change.
- You are fluent in English; have good presentation skills; and experience in writing scientific publications.
- You are able to work respectfully in an intercultural environment and on an interdisciplinary project.
- It concerns an employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,974 and a maximum of €5,439 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2.5 year(s).
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You can apply until 28 May 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Sibel Eker. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
The first round of interviews will take place on Tuesday 6 June. You would preferably begin employment as soon as possible.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
For questions about the position, please contact Sibel Eker, Assistant Professor at +31 (0) 6 31 13 24 18 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Radboud University
- Postal Code
- 6525 XZ
- Houtlaan 4
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Postdoctoral Researcher In High Integrity Voluntary Climate Action , Radboud University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Employment 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary € 3,226 - € 5,090 Required background PhD Organizational unit Faculty of Science Application deadline 25 September 2023 Apply now Would you like to help mov...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Interdisciplinary Research Project On Persuasion And Manipulation In Digital Contexts , Radboud University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Employment 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary € 4,332 - € 5,929 Required background PhD Organizational unit Faculty of Arts Application deadline 04 October 2023 Apply now How do smart technologies...
Post Doctoral Researcher Sea City Interface Research Project (C3183) , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 14 hours ago
100%, Singapore, fixed-term ETH Zurich is one of the leading universities in the world with a strong focus on science and engineering. In 2010 it established the Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC) in coll...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Sustainability Analysis For A Circular Bioeconomy Transition, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
About the job The Postdoctoral Fellowship position is a temporary position where the main goal is to qualify for work in senior academic positions. We have a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Fellow at t...
Postdoctoral Position In Energy And Sustainable Built Environment, Linnaeus University, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Welcome to Linnaeus University! We meet the societal challenges of today and tomorrow in a spirit of openness, curiosity and creativity. By creating arenas for exchange of knowledge from different...
Researcher (Climate Adaptation) Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Whenua, New Zealand, about 22 hours ago
Researcher (Climate adaptation) We are looking for an enthusiastic Landscape Scientist to undertake research to understand how terrestrial landscapes can support climate adaptation in New Zealand ...