- 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 3,226 - € 5,090
- Required background
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Science
- Application deadline
- 01 October 2023
Would you like to help move climate action towards high integrity and effectively contribute to a sustainable and net-zero world? If yes, come and join the Horizon Europe funded 'Achieving High Integrity Voluntary Climate Action' (ACHIEVE) project as a postdoctoral researcher at Radboud University. You will be part of an international, interdisciplinary, diverse, enthusiastic and welcoming team. The position will be based at the Faculty of Science, where you will be working closely with the Nijmegen School of Management and international project partners.
A wide array of actors, including private sector actors, financial institutions, civil society, cities, and cooperative initiatives have announced voluntary climate commitments. The ACHIEVE project aims to identify opportunities to strengthen and scale up high-integrity voluntary climate action towards net-zero emissions by mid-century.
As a postdoctoral researcher in this project, you will map and analyse voluntary climate action. Together with project partners, you will develop a high-integrity assessment framework for evaluating different types of cooperative initiatives and actors. You will also contribute to the assessment of integrity and effectiveness of voluntary climate actions, quantifying environmental and social impacts to assess and improve their sustainability performance.
Next to the research, you will also play an important role in the day-to-day project management and administration of the ACHIEVE project together with project coordinators and project officer. This also includes liaising with the European Commission (EC), the Stakeholder Advisory Board (SAB), and the project partners.
- You should hold (or shortly expect to obtain) a PhD degree in Interdisciplinary Climate Science or a closely related field that combines natural and social sciences.
- You have demonstrable experience in interdisciplinary climate research, including data collection, descriptive statistics and time-series analysis, or other quantitative, analytical or modelling skills, for example using Stata or R. Network analysis skills would be a plus.
- You have a strong research interest in the integrity and effectiveness of climate action and the role of non-state and subnational actors. Familiarity with relevant policy processes is a plus.
- You have experience in project management.
- You value teamwork and are keen to work in an interdisciplinary and diverse research team.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The position will be hosted at the Environmental Science department, part of the Radboud Institute for Biological and Environmental Sciences (RIBES), at the Faculty of Science, in close collaboration with the Department of Geography, Spatial Planning and Environment at the Nijmegen School of Management.
The Environmental Science department aims to provide high-quality scientific knowledge that can help the world move towards greater sustainability. To achieve this, we aim to understand, project and address the impact of anthropogenic pressures on ecosystems and humans from the landscape to the global scale. This enables us to explore and develop wide-ranging sustainable solutions for the environmental challenges the world faces today.
The Department of Geography, Spatial Planning and Environment (GPM) focuses on the question of how individuals and society interact with their living environments. GPM seeks to provide deep understandings of how places, from the local to global level, are politically and materially shaped, experienced and governed, and to contribute to the development of more sustainable and equitable places.
We are keen to meet critical thinkers who want to look closer at what really matters. People who, from their expertise, wish to contribute to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This ambition unites more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University and requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,226 and a maximum of €5,090 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be employed for the duration of 1 year, after which the contract may be extended to a total of 4 years in case of a positive evaluation of your performance.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You have not yet given permission to place the required cookies. Accept the required cookies to view this content.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Birka Wicke, Professor of Land, Climate and Sustainability, at email@example.com . Alternatively, you can contact Dr Sander Chan, Assistant Professor of Environmental Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical information and applying
The closing date for applications is 1 October 2023. All applications must be made online using the button below. Hard copy or email applications will not be processed. Kindly address your application to the selection committee. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 01 October 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Prof. Wicke, B. (Birka)
Professor of Land, Climate and Sustainability
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 25 September 2023
Share this page
Researcher (Junior) And Project Manager On The Horizon Eu Gs4 S Project, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 1 day ago
The Horizon EU project GS4S (Global Strategy for Skills, Migration, and Development) is a collaborative initiative of the Radboud University Network on Migrant Inclusion (RUNOMI) which is coordin...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Research On Production Workers In Smart Industry, Radboud University, Netherlands, 28 days ago
2 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Applicatio...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Research On Production Workers In Smart Industry, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 25 days ago
The Nijmegen School of Management enables students, institutions and companies, societal actors and governments to play their part in a transformation towards sustainable societies. In doing so, t...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Socio Economic And Environmental Impact Modelling Of Circular Technologies, Radboud University, Netherlands, 3 days ago
25 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 11 Dec 2023 - 23:0...
Research Associate/Doctoral Researcher (M/F/D) In Computational Structural Design And Additive Manufacturing , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
03.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Professorship of Structural Design at the TUM School of Engineering and Design is looking for a full-time Research Associate/Doctoral Researcher in Comp...
Postdoc In Two Dimensional (2 D) Materials Heterostructure Devices, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
Engineeer novel hybrid heterostructures of graphene and metal-organic frameworks to tailor materials properties. Project description We are seeking to fill a experimental post-doctoral position wi...