Do you have a strong interest in the cognitive neuroscience of somatosensory perception? Are you motivated to develop into an independent scholar and scientist of the brain mechanisms of human somatosensation? Then join the Donders Centre for Cognition as a postdoc, to better understand the neuroscience of gargalesis perception (tickle) in humans.
You will be involved in designing, collecting, and analysing behavioural, and fMRI or TMS experiments including psychophysical, physiological and behavioural recordings.
You will be embedded in the research group of Dr Konstantina Kilteni at the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour.
- You hold or are about to complete a PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Biomedical Sciences, or a related field.
- You have experience with, or are interested in, collecting and analysing functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) data.
- You have experience with, or are interested in, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS).
- You have documented experience with collecting and analysing behavioural or physiological data.
- You have a passion for research in tactile sensing.
- You are curious, ambitious, and are able to work independently.
- You have strong communication and coordination skills.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing). Speaking Dutch is not required for this position.
- It concerns an employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €4,332 and a maximum of €5,929 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be employed for an initial period of 1 year, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract can be extended on a temporary basis.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
You can apply until 15 October 2023. Kindly address your application to Konstantina Kilteni. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, including the date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work.
- A complete list of publications (if available).
- A summary of current research interests and goals for the future (no more than two pages).
- Contact details of two references.
Application: Click the 'Apply' button.
The first round of interviews will take place on Monday 23 October. You would preferably begin employment on 1 January 2024.
For questions about the position, please contact Konstantina Kilteni, Senior Researcher, at email@example.com . Alternatively, you can contact Pieter Medendorp, Principal Investigator, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Postdoctoral Researcher At The Donders Centre For Cognition, Radboud University, Netherlands, 23 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 27 Nov 202...
Senior Research Assistant / Research Assistant (Consumer Behaviour Neuroscience), HONG KONG BAPTIST UNIVERSITY, Hong Kong, 7 days ago
20 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company HONG KONG BAPTIST UNIVERSITY Research Field Psychological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Postdoc Position In The Field Of Computational Neuroscience, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Department: Erik D. Fagerholm Research Group: Computational Neuroscience – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 31 Jan 2024 Start date: April 2024 or upon agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Scienc...
Researcher In Social Cognition And Decision Making In The Computing Religious Devotion Project , Masaryk University, Czech, about 10 hours ago
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Researcher in social cognition and decision-making in the Computing Religious Devotion project Depart...
Postdoc Position In The Field Of Computational Neuroscience , Masaryk University, Czech, about 10 hours ago
Medical Faculty of Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic) invites excellent early-stage scientists to apply for a two-year POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Computational Neuroscience Descriptio...
Postdoc 15min Estates &Quot;Co Creating Spatial Strategies For Just And Sustainable Mobility In Large Scale Housing Estates&Quot;, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 1 month ago
27 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Applica...