- 0.9 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 2,960 - € 4,670
- Required background
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Science
- Application deadline
- 17 February 2023
Do you have a PhD in neuroscience and experience in molecular biology and cell structure? Then investigate how synapses form, function and can be maintained as a postdoc. Your research will focus on the molecular events that underlie these processes, and how impairments in these processes can lead to disease. You will work in a group within a world-class neuroscience institute with a lively and interactive culture.
Synapses in the brain live for months or even years. Their protein components, however, become dysfunctional after much shorter periods and therefore have to be removed continuously. Pathways for removing these damaged proteins include the ubiquitin-proteasome system, autophagy and the endo-lysosomal system. We are recruiting a postdoctoral researcher to investigate degradative mechanisms at presynapses, the role of the endo-lysosomal pathway in particular. We are also recruiting a postdoctoral researcher to map early dysfunction of neurons in Parkinson's disease. The postdoctoral researcher will investigate how alpha-synuclein aggregation in axons and synapses can disturb neurotransmission.
Our main model systems are primary rodent neuron cultures and human iPSC-derived neurons. As a postdoctoral researcher you will work independently on one or two projects. You will collaborate with and supervise PhD and Master's students. You will get some exposure to teaching, but only to a minor extent. In the long run, the development of an independent research project that can be transferred to a future position is possible and encouraged.
- You have a PhD in neuroscience or a related discipline and a strong track record of accomplishment.
- Experience in molecular biology (cloning etc.) and cell culture is expected.
- Experience in iPSC-derived neuronal culturing is a plus.
- We are a dynamic international lab, so a good command of English is essential.
- You are a good team player.
The Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration Lab aims to understand how membrane trafficking events and organelles contribute to synapse function. Marijn Kuijpers is a junior group leader known for her work on neuronal membrane trafficking and autophagy (recent publications: Kuijpers et al (2021) Neuron 109,299-313; doi:10.1016/j.neuron.2020.10.005, Kuijpers (2022) Neuronal Signal 6; doi.org/10.1042/NS20210063)). The research group is part of the Donders Institute , a world-class neuroscience institute with a lively and interactive culture.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.9 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,960 and a maximum of €4,670 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2-3 years.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Marijn Kuijpers, Assistant Professor at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 17 February 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Marijn Kuijpers. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, including the contact details of at least two references.
The first round of interviews will take place on Tuesday 21 February. You would preferably begin employment between March and May.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 17 February 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Dr Kuijpers, M. (Marijn)
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 25 January 2023
Share this page
Postdoc In Bioinformatics , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
Applications are invited for a postdoc position in Bioinformatics in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.com/) at the Department of...
Postdoc In Bone Biology And Metabolism , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
A position as Postdoc is vacant at the Laboratory of Professor Moustapha Kassem, Department of Clinical Research , Faculty of Health Sciences , University of Southern Denmark (SDU) and at the Mol...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Drugs And Tourism In Latin America, Radboud University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher: Drugs and Tourism in Latin America Postdoctoral Researcher: Drugs and Tourism in Latin America Published Deadline Location yesterday 3 Apr Nijmegen Job description The Fac...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Drugs And Cultural Heritage In Latin America, Radboud University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher: Drugs and Cultural Heritage in Latin America Postdoctoral Researcher: Drugs and Cultural Heritage in Latin America Published Deadline Location yesterday 3 Apr Nijmegen Job...
The Mozart Fellowship 2024, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 5 hours ago
The Mozart Fellowship 2024-2300402 IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS: The Fellowship was established by the University Council in 1969 and was made possible by the generous interest of anonymou...
Research Assistants At The Department Of Business & Management , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
The Department of Business & Management (DBM) in Odense now welcomes applications for one or more exciting full-time positions as research assistants for a period of 1 year, starting September 1st...