- 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 3,226 - € 5,090
- Required background
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Science
- Application deadline
- 05 November 2023
The Department of Mathematics at Radboud University (Nijmegen, the Netherlands) is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join our Algebraic Topology group and work on a project in homotopy theory.
You will work on a project related to equivariant obstruction theory with Dr Magdalena Kedziorek (link is external) . The position is funded for two years with the possibility of an extension for another year. Although there is no teaching load, participation in teaching activities is advised (for up to 10% of your time). You will be encouraged to take part in the activities of the algebraic topology group and the mathematical community in general, by participating in conferences, workshops, and seminars. You will be expected to communicate your findings through publications in peer-reviewed journals, mentor PhD candidates, help organise seminars and workshops, and teach Bachelor's and Master's students.
The Department of Mathematics at Radboud University is a very open and supportive environment. Members from groups that are underrepresented in mathematics are particularly encouraged to apply.
- You hold a PhD in mathematics completed in 2016 or later.
- You have an interest and experience in at least one of the following topics: equivariant homotopy theory, trace methods for algebraic K-theory, Goerss-Hopkins obstruction theory, infinity-categories.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills.
Algebraic topology is one of the research areas of the Department of Mathematics at Radboud University. The field is currently represented by Dr Magdalena Kedziorek and Dr Steffen Sagave, together with four PhD candidates.
The department has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and hosts researchers in related areas including algebraic and arithmetic geometry, differential geometry, operator algebras, and representation theory. The department employs junior and senior staff, as well as of Dutch and international researchers, and, each year, it organises various research seminars and informal events. Moreover, the algebraic topologists at Radboud University are part of a larger network of Dutch algebraic topologists, who regularly come together to share their knowledge and findings.
We are keen to meet critical thinkers who want to look closer at what really matters. People who, from their expertise, wish to contribute to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This ambition unites more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University and requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,226 and a maximum of €5,090 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2 years, with the possibility of (maximum)1 year extension after positive evaluation.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You have not yet given permission to place the required cookies. Accept the required cookies to view this content.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Dr Magdalena Kedziorek, Assistant Professor, at +31 24 365 22 93 or email@example.com .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 5 November 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Dr Magdalena Kedziorek. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, including the contact details of three academic references and a list of publications.
- Research statement (up to 5 pages including bibliography).
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 05 November 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Dr Kedziorek, M. (Magdalena)
firstname.lastname@example.org +31 24 365 22 93
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 25 September 2023
Share this page
Researcher (Junior) And Project Manager On The Horizon Eu Gs4 S Project, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
The Horizon EU project GS4S (Global Strategy for Skills, Migration, and Development) is a collaborative initiative of the Radboud University Network on Migrant Inclusion (RUNOMI) which is coordin...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Socio Economic And Environmental Impact Modelling Of Circular Technologies, Radboud University, Netherlands, 7 days ago
25 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 11 Dec 2023 - 23:0...
Postdoc In Two Dimensional (2 D) Materials Heterostructure Devices, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Engineeer novel hybrid heterostructures of graphene and metal-organic frameworks to tailor materials properties. Project description We are seeking to fill a experimental post-doctoral position wi...
Postdoctoral Researcher At The Donders Centre For Cognition, Radboud University, Netherlands, 29 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 27 Nov 202...
Two Postdoc Positions On 2 D Spintronics And Quantum Electronics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
We are looking for two highly motivated Postdoctoral researchers to be part of our experimental research group on Spintronics and Quantum Electronics, using 2D topological quantum materials heter...
Postdoctoral Researcher Position On Interstellar Medium Science For Cmb Foreground Modelling, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
We seek a postdoctoral researcher to work on Polarized Galactic Emission Modelling at Small Scales (P-GEMSS), a program funded by the Swedish Research Council. The aim of the program is to improve...