- 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 2,960 - € 4,670
- Required background
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Science
- Application deadline
- 08 January 2023
Are you a Postdoc with an interest in developing, studying, and applying machine learning methods for personalized effect estimation? Do you want to use data from both a large interventional study and observational data on the cognitive decline? If so, you have a part to play! We are looking for a Postdoc who wants to work with our leading experts on machine learning.
The Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS) at Radboud University is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher for the NWO crossover research programme project `Maintaining Optimal Cognitive function In Ageing' (MOCIA). The aim of MOCIA is being able to signal an increased risk of cognitive decline and improve prevention by developing a personalised lifestyle intervention. The data science section at iCIS is involved as leader of work package 2 (WP2) `Non-invasive markers for cognitive decline and intervention response'.
The research focus of this postdoctoral position is the development and application of machine learning and statistical techniques for identifying factors that influence the effect of a multi-domain lifestyle intervention on cognitive health. This type of research involves the identification and formalisation of fundamental problems related to the type of data and tasks analysed within MOCIA, and the development and investigation of new causal inference methods tailored to the identified problems.
You will be appointed at the Data Science Section of the Radboud institute for Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS), where your colleagues will be leading experts on machine learning. You will have the opportunity to closely collaborate with experts on machine learning and causality (e.g. Jesse Krijthe, Marco Loog and Elena Marchiori), the two MOCIA PhD candidates appointed at iCIS (Wieske de Swart and Wouter Kant), and other members of the MOCIA consortium.
- You should hold a PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or a related discipline.
- You have an interest in conducting research on causal inference.
- You have extensive experience with machine learning.
- You have very good programming skills in Python, R or a similar computer language.
- You have a very good command of spoken and written English.
- You have the desire to bridge the gap between theory and applications.
You will be appointed at the Data Science Section of the Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (ICIS). During recent evaluations, ICIS has been consistently ranked as the No. 1 Computing Science department in the Netherlands. The institute focuses its research on three themes: Data Science, Digital Security and Software Science. The Data Science Section is well known for its research in machine learning, and is part of a unit of the European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS).
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities. The university offers customised facilities to better align work and private life.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,960 and a maximum of €4,670 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2 years, with the option to extend for a further 2 years after a positive evaluation.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Elena Marchiori, Full Professor at firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, you can contact Jesse Krijthe, Assistant Professor at Jesse.Krijthe@ru.nl .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 8 January 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Elena Marchiori. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
- If applicable, a link to the PDF of a publication you are most proud of, or deems relevant to the position.
You would preferably begin employment on 15 February 2023.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 08 January 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Prof. Marchiori, E. (Elena)
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 21 November 2022
Share this page
Postdoc Computational Pathology Research, Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 22 days ago
Postdoc Computational Pathology research Postdoc Computational Pathology research Published Deadline Location today 9 Feb Nijmegen Job description The Computational Pathology Group (CPG) is curren...
Icys Research Fellow At Icys, Nims, Japan, National Institute for Materials Science (Japan), Japan, 3 days ago
ICYS Research Fellow at ICYS, NIMS, Japan The International Center for Young Scientists (ICYS) of the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) invites applications for ICYS Research Fellow ...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Computational Modelling And Conversational Agents For Enhancing Student Mental Well Being, Radboud University, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher: Computational Modelling and Conversational Agents for Enhancing Student Mental Well-Being Postdoctoral Researcher: Computational Modelling and Conversational Agents for En...
Postdoc In Mathematics For Ai: Geometric Deep Learning, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 4 days ago
Project description and information about the department The Department of Mathematical Sciences at Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg has about 200 employees, and ...
Postdoc Position Federated Machine Learning For Complex Multi Omics Data , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark for the Computational Biology laboratory chaired by Professor Richard Röttger invites applications for a p...
Postdoc Position On The Ecophysiology Of Ammonia Oxidizing Archaea In Oxygen Depleted Environments , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
A two-year postdoc position is available from 1 April 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter, at the research unit Nordcee , Department of Biology . The successful candidate will join a team of s...