- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary: € 2,846 - € 4,490
- Faculty of Science
- Required background: PhD
- Application deadline: 13 February 2022
With leading research, we can answer important questions about the world of today and tomorrow. That is why critical thinkers and team players who are eager to contribute have a part to play. As a postdoc, you will work on a research project in the field of partial differential equations funded by NWO.
We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the field of partial differential equations funded through NWO grant OCENW.KLEIN.358. The project addresses quasilinear parabolic equations arising in mathematical models for biofilm growth. The position has a duration of 20 months, does not carry any teaching duties, and will be supervised by Dr Stefanie Sonner. The starting date is June 2022. Applicants from groups that are underrepresented in Science are particularly encouraged to apply.
The research project focuses on the mathematical analysis of quasilinear reaction diffusion systems modelling the growth and formation of bacterial biofilms. Characteristic features of these systems are the degenerate diffusion coefficients for the biomass fractions comprising a power-law degeneracy (known from the porous medium equation) and a super diffusion singularity. The aim is to establish well-posedness results and to investigate qualitative properties of solutions such as their regularity and long-time behaviour. Applicants should hold a PhD degree in mathematics and have some background in nonlinear partial differential equations and/or reaction-diffusion systems.
- You hold a PhD degree in mathematics, or you are on track to obtain one before the start of the project.
- You have some background in nonlinear partial differential equations and/or reaction-diffusion systems.
- You are an enthusiastic mathematician and are eager to contribute to the research project.
- You are able to work as part of a team and independently.
- You have a good proficiency in English.
The Department of Mathematics at Radboud University in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, is part of the Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics, and Particle Physics in the Faculty of Science. The department represents a broad range of research fields, including pure and applied analysis, algebraic geometry and topology, number theory, functional analysis, mathematical physics, non-commutative geometry and applied stochastics.
The Department of Mathematics has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We organise regular research seminars, have a range of specialist lectures and visitors to the department as well as a number of informal events throughout the year.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,846 and a maximum of €4,490 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 20 months.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Stefanie Sonner, Assistant Professor at +31 24 365 29 93 or email@example.com .
Practical information and applications
You can apply until 13 February 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Stefanie Sonner. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV including the names and contact details of two referees willing to write a letter of recommendation.
- A short research statement (max. two pages).
- A scanned copy of your PhD certificate.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Postdoctoral Researcher In Modelling And Attributing Land Use Emissions To Countries, Radboud University, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Do you want to make a difference in combatting climate change? Then join the Radboud Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences as a postdoc. You will research on greenhouse gas emissions ...
Postdoc 'Development Of X Ray Based Functional Breast Imaging Systems: New Acquisition, Correction, And Image Formation Methods', Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Radboudumc The Department of Medical Imaging is one of the most active research departments of the Radboudumc. More than 100 researchers are continuously striving to optimize healthcare. Close coo...
Postdoc 'Identification And Understanding Genetic Modifiers Of Hereditary Hearing Loss', Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 5 days ago
Radboudumc The Deafness genetics' reseach group in Hearing & Genes, headed by Prof. dr. Hannie Kremer and Dr. Ronald Pennings, aims to unravel the genetic landscape of hereditary hearing loss and ...
Postdoc Optimal Transport & Machine Learning Methods For Inverse Problems, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Post Doctor In Numerical Analysis (Pa2022/1439) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
Description of the workplace You will belong to a newly established group whose research is concerned with numerical methods connected to machine learning. We are financed by the Wallenberg AI, Au...
Post Doctoral Researcher Experimental Vaccinology (Virology And Immunology), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 15 days ago
• You have a PhD in immunology, virology or related fields, with a focus on adaptive immune responses and host-pathogen interactions; • You are passionate about science, curious, dedic...