The Materials-Driven Regeneration (MDR) Gravitation program has the following vacancy: postdoctoral researcher computational modeling for regenerative engineering.
Department of Biomedical Engineering
The Materials-Driven Regeneration (MDR) Gravitation program has vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher computational modeling for regenerative engineering at the Eindhoven University of Technology, in close collaboration with University Medical Center Utrecht, Hubrecht Institute, Utrecht University, and Maastricht University.
The Research Center for Materials-Driven Regeneration (MDR) is a partnership between Eindhoven University of Technology, Maastricht University and Utrecht University, University Medical Center Utrecht and the Hubrecht Institute. This consortium brings together materials scientists, cell biologists, tissue engineers and medical scientists to jointly work on the regeneration of tissue and organ function with intelligent, life-like materials. The MDR Research Center was awarded a 18.8 M€ grant in May 2017 by the ministry of education, culture and science of The Netherlands in the framework of the Gravitation program . The MDR organization is designed to foster collaboration, to forge cross-disciplinary discoveries, and to train the next generation of leading regenerative medicine researchers.
About the position
The MDR Center contains an Enabling Technologies Platform to provide and develop state-of-the-art and future technologies that are relevant for MDR research. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven postdoctoral researcher to strengthen the development of computational models for understanding and predicting tissue evolution in material-driven regeneration. The main focus will be on developing and extending theoretical and computational mechanobiological algorithms for predicting tissue growth and remodeling, for example in cardiovascular tissues.
In this position as postdoctoral researcher “computational modeling for regenerative engineering” you are responsible for:
- Developing and improving computational models for understanding and predicting tissue growth and remodeling.
- Scouting, initiating and leveraging (cross-disciplinary) collaborations within the MDR consortium with regard to computational modeling.
- Co-supervising PhD students in the field of computational mechanobiology.
- Establishing and maintaining the state-of the-art technology platform, and initiating symposia in support of this together with the MDR PIs.
- Sharing and communicating available computational models and methods via the MDR website.
About Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
TU/e is a University of Technology with a focus on Health, Energy and Mobility. Within the Health area, several departments cooperate on topics such as Chemical Biology, Regenerative Medicine, Computational Biology, and Biosensing, with close links to healthcare and industry. TU/e is an open and inclusive university with short communication lines. The people are curious, collaborative, and strive for excellence. TU/e enables its academic staff to develop research and education at an internationally renowned level. Our lively campus community facilitates connections between staff and students, in an open, friendly, vibrant atmosphere that welcomes and inspires.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Molecular Bioengineering and Imaging, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering to Biomedical Imaging and Modelling. The department has more than 800 students and up to 200 tenured and non-tenured employees.
Institute for Complex Molecular Systems
The Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS) is an interdisciplinary institute at the TU/e which brings excellent researchers from different areas together to promote cross-breeding of ideas across disciplines in the departments Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science, and Mechanical Engineering. The institute aims to create and study biologically relevant functional structures with the ultimate goal of understanding the complexity of life.
- A PhD degree in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mathematics, or similar
- Profound knowledge of and experience with computational biomechanics and mechanobiology
- Experience in the regenerative medicine field
- Proven ability to contribute to and initiate cross-disciplinary collaborations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Result-driven, proactive and decisive attitude, enthusiastic team player
Conditions of employment
We offer you:
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious program (1.0 fte or 0.8 fte) for maximum of three years, starting with a one year contract.
- Support with personal development and career planning, including the possibility of attending a series of offered courses in addition to scientific education.
- Gross monthly salary in accordance with scale 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities, depending on experience between €3.255,= and €4.274,= gross per month.
- Additionally, we offer a yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary and a yearly end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary. In addition we offer a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, flexible employment conditions, the possibility to participate in a collective health care plan, and other benefits such as support in moving expenses, commuting expenses, savings schemes, child care and excellent on campus sports facilities.
TU/e aims to increase diversity among its employees and encourages applications from under-represented groups; in particular, female scientists are encouraged to apply.
Information and application
How to apply:
If you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply now’ (solliciteer direct) button on the TU/e website and can be addressed to dr.ir. Sandra Loerakker and prof.dr. Carlijn Bouten, which includes:
- One-page personal motivation letter
- Resume including the names and contact details of two recent references
Only complete applications will be considered. Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
Please keep in mind: you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.
Post Doctoral Position In High Content/High Throughput Screening, Institute Merln, Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Post-doctoral position in high-content/high-throughput screening, Institute MERLN Post-doctoral position in high-content/high-throughput screening, Institute MERLN Published Deadline Location yest...
Experimental Post Doc Position On Lensless Imaging Of 3 D Nanostructures With Soft X Rays (Tnwip20 011), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Experimental Post-Doc Position on Lensless Imaging of 3D Nanostructures with Soft X-rays Department/faculty: Faculty Applied Sciences Level: University Graduate Working hours: 38-40 hours weekly C...
Postdoc Designing Responsive Ai Systems (Atio 0804), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Postdoc Designing Responsive AI Systems Department/faculty: Faculty Industrial Design Engineering Level: Doctorate Working hours: 36-40 hours weekly Contract: 1 year, could be extended to 2 years ...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Dynamic Polymeric (Bio)Materials , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 7 hours ago
80%-100%, Zurich, temporary The Macromolecular Engineering Laboratory (Prof. Mark W. Tibbitt) within the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering (D-MAVT) at ETH Zürich in Zürich, Switzerl...
Postdoc In Blockchain And Security In The Delft Blockchain Lab (Ewi2020 09), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Postdoc in Blockchain and Security in the Delft Blockchain Lab Department/faculty: Faculty Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science Level: Doctorate Working hours: 38-40 hours week...
Research Associate, Biomedical Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Location AE Organization Name Biomedical engineering About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science...