4 Nov 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
27 Nov 2023 - 23:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Do you have a strong interest in developing and studying new tools to integrate neurobiological and/or psychological information to better capture individual differences? Do you have strong communication skills and do see yourself working at the intersection of psychology, cognitive neuroscience and computational science? If so, this postdoctoral researcher position at the SAMBA research group (Donders Centre for Cognition) may be for you!
The project is embedded in the SAMBA research group at the Donders Centre for Cognition, which is part of the Donders Institute. The research programme of this group led by Dr Inti Brazil focuses on combining approaches from experimental psychology, cognitive neuroscience (e.g. neuroimaging), computational modelling, and statistical modelling methods to study how impairments in neurobiological and psychological functioning underpin antisocial and maladaptive behaviours. We target individuals from the general community, psychiatric patient populations, incarcerated offenders, and forensic psychiatric populations.
The position is multifaceted and offers excellent possibilities for career development. You will be involved in the development of a novel toolkit for fusing cognitive performance and neuroimaging measures to capture individual differences, using advanced Bayesian statistical methods.
One of your tasks will be to collaborate closely with international research partners to co-develop the methodology, and you will program a user-friendly graphical user interface for the toolkit, making it accessible to a broader audience.
You will than apply the toolkit to existing datasets containing various cognitive performance and/or neuroimaging variables from different populations to conduct empirical research, and publish the results in scientific journals.
This position also encompasses dissemination activities, in which you will play an important role in creating a bridge between scientists and national societal partners. You will also be given the opportunity to gain experience in providing training to other researchers in the application of the toolkit.
- You have a doctoral degree (PhD) in cognitive neuroscience, psychological methods, computational biology, computational psychiatry, or a related discipline.
- You have experience with conceiving and conducting multidisciplinary research.
- You have experience with analyses of psychological (task performance) and neuroimaging data (EEG, MRI).
- You have a deep understanding of Bayesian statistics and latent variable modelling (e.g. computational modelling, structural equation modelling).
- You have excellent programming skills in Python, R and Matlab.
- Experience with building/developing research software packages is an advantage.
- You have a demonstrable and consistent track record in publishing high-quality multidisciplinary research in international peer-reviewed journals.
- You have excellent communicational, organisational, social and collaborative skills.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 level).
- You have a good command of written and spoken Dutch, or the willingness to learn Dutch within a short period of time.
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €4,332 and a maximum of €5,929 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2.5 years.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You can apply until 27 November 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Inti Brazil. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A Letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
- Two reference letters.
The first round (and possibly second round) of interview will take place in the week of Monday 11 December. You would preferably begin employment as soon as possible.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates. If you wish to apply for this vacancy with a non-EU nationality, please take notice of the following information .
For questions about the position, please contact Inti Brazil, Associate Professor/Principal Investigator SAMBA group at +31 24 361 13 87 or [email protected] .
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Radboud University
- Postal Code
- 6525 XZ
- Houtlaan 4
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Postdoctoral Researcher At The Donders Centre For Cognition: Sensorimotor Neuroscience And Rehabilitation Technology , Radboud University, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Employment 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary € 4,332 - € 5,929 Required background PhD Organizational unit Faculty of Social Sciences Application deadline 17 March 2024 Apply now We are looking for a m...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Statistics For High Dimensional Datasets , Radboud University, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Employment 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary € 3,226 - € 5,090 Required background PhD Organizational unit Faculty of Science Application deadline 29 March 2024 Apply now Are you an enthusiastic ...
Research Assistant Within Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (Arfid), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 4 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics conducts research in epidemiology and biostatistics across a broad range of area...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Cognitive Neurosicence, Stockholm University, Sweden, 1 day ago
Ref. No. SU FV-0639-24 at the Department of Psychology . Closing date: 31 March 2024. The Department of Psychology is a diverse and creative workplace for education and research in Psychology. Eac...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Data Analysis For Green Industries And Smart Energy Systems , Radboud University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Employment 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary € 3,226 - € 5,090 Required background PhD Organizational unit Faculty of Science Application deadline 21 February 2024 Apply now Join our pioneering D...
Postdoc Researcher 'Innovation Ecosystem Alignment Challenges And Opportunities For Enacting The Dutch Circular Agrifood And Protein Transition Missions', Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Your job We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher who is interested to work on collaboration challenges in the context of the transformation towards circular agriculture. Within s...