6 Jun 2023
University of Twente (UT)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
15 Jul 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Green ammonia is one the few chemicals that can bridge the energy and food value chains as it can be used as a hydrogen carrier for energy applications and as fertilizing molecule in crops production of crops. While ammonia Haber-Bosch synthesis is currently operated in large scale (160 million tons per year globally), the conversion of ammonia back to nitrogen and hydrogen is only conducted at small scales using energy inefficient methods. Conventional catalysts, unfortunately, are constrained by the Sabatier limit that essentially forces the utilization of high temperatures to ensure that all the N-and H- surface intermediates couple to form nitrogen and hydrogen. To lower the operation temperature of this process and reduce the energy losses at small scales we will leverage dynamic operation of the catalytic reactor to increase the rate of reaction of the ammonia dehydrogenation to achieve compact and efficient hydrogen generation in decentralized locations. In this project, you will develop a new reactor concept that can operate in a dynamic manner to achieve faster reaction kinetics.
- For this position we are searching for a candidate with a doctoral degree in chemical engineering or chemistry or material science with a strong emphasis on heterogeneous catalysts.
- A solid background on reaction kinetics, mass/heat transport, and catalyst fabrication is essential for this project.
- Applicants with programming skills (e.g. Matlab or Python) and process modelling (e.g. ASPEN +) are encouraged to applied.
- This position will require the development of a new reactor, preparation of catalysts, physico-chemical characterization (e.g. surface area, CO-Chemisorption, Raman spectroscopy, TEM, SEM, XPS, XRF, XRD), and reaction testing. Thus, demonstrated experience with these tasks will be important.
- This information will be employed to make preliminary estimations of the techno-economic feasibility of the process in commercial scale
- Fulltime position for two years
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in a stimulating scientific environment.
- The salary amounts, depending on education and experience, minimal 3.557,- to a maximum of € 4.670, gross per month in case of a fulltime employment.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- The number of holiday hours for full-time employment is 232 hours per calendar year.
- Full status as an employee at the UT, including pension and health care benefits.
- Professional and personal development programmes.
Your reaction should include:
- a motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation
- a detailed CV
- a copy of your doctoral degree.
- An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about the position, you are encouraged to contact Dr. J. A. Faria (email@example.com )
Please apply via the button below.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Universiteit Twente
- Postal Code
- Drienerlolaan 5
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Postdoc Position In Computational Electrocatalysis, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
Energy efficient catalytic transformations is key in a sustainable society. In this project you will explore computationally electrocatalytic reactions for synthesis of ammonia and methanol. Infor...
Postdoc: Resolving Surface Reactions In Plasma Catalysis (Surplas) , ARCNL, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Surface reactions live in plasma environment This postdoc position connects the two active research fields of surface science and plasma chemistry. The project aims to understand the active state ...
Postdoctoral Fellow Chemical Reaction Engineering, Mitacs, University of Alberta, Canada, about 2 hours ago
This position offers a benefits package found at Postdoctoral Fellows Benefits . Location - North Campus Edmonton. This role is in-person. Working for the University of Alberta The University of A...
Research Fellow Ar2863 Nb , ;, Sao Tome and Principe, 23 days ago
Start Date: To be agreed Duration of Post: Fixed term for up to 4 years Research positions relating to future Energy Technologies We have several openings for postdoctoral researchers to join an e...
Post Doc Positions On “Live” Visualizations Of Single Nanoparticle Catalysts At The Atomic Scale – Dtu Physics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 25 days ago
Could you envision “seeing ” chemical reactions being catalyzed at the atomic-scale? Two or more PostDoc positions are now open for experimental research in nanoparticle catalysis using advanced o...
Ph D Research Fellow In Materials Chemistry Related To Hydrogen Technologies , University of Oslo, Norway, about 14 hours ago
15th October 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellow in Materials Chemistry Related to Hydrogen Technologies Apply for this job See advertisement About the position Position as ...