16 Jul 2023
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
26 Jul 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
You will work on existing household- and school-level SES inequality data from several longitudinal research projects that followed children from kindergarten into secondary school. In this context you will also – in collaboration with the research team – write new grant proposals and contribute to ongoing research projects. The candidate is expected to have demonstrated skills in advanced multi-level longitudinal structural equation modeling. Affinity with research into SES inequalities and child and/or adolescent development and strong organizational capabilities are required.
- analyzing quantitative data for research into the effects of SES inequalities and a broad spectrum of child and adolescent development indices (behavioral, emotional, social, cognitive and academic)
- contributing to ongoing research projects and funding acquisition for new projects
- supporting new PhD students in multi-level structural equation modeling techniques
- publishing and presenting research results in (inter)national peer reviewed journals, (inter)national conferences, as well as practitioner-oriented outlets
- PhD in developmental psychology or related fields;
- ability to independently perform multi-level longitudinal structural equation modeling in e.g., Mplus or R;
- proven affinity with (research into) SES inequalities and child and adolescent development
- strong supervision (of e.g., students, research assistants) experience and skills
- proficiency in spoken and written Dutch and English (C2-standards of the Common European Framework (CEF));
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,960 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,670 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 2 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
Are you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 26/07/2023.
Submitting a diploma is part of the application process.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: dr. Marieke Buil
Position: Assistant Professor
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Postal Code
- De Boelelaan 1105
Where to apply
De Boelelaan 1105
- Postal Code
Postdoc Position: Understanding How Interdependence Shapes A Culture Of Cooperation, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Would you like to pursue a postdoc in psychology and the study of culture, interdependence, and cooperation? Would you enjoy designing and implementing studies in different cultures around the wor...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Computational Intelligence, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Would you like to join a groundbreaking European research project that will push the limits of physical intelligence in the field of aerial robotics? Do you want to do cutting edge research into e...
Research Assistant For Study On The Effectiveness Of An Intervention For Ondocumented Migrants, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 28 days ago
Do you have experience working with different cultures, ethnic minority and/or migrant groups? Do you have strong communication skills and do you easily adjust to changing circumstances? Please ap...
Postdoc Position Travel Behaviour Analysis And Modelling, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Are you an ambitious and outstanding scholar in the field of spatial data analysis, keen to understand daily activity patterns and motivated to support urban planning? Please apply for a postdoc p...
Postdoc Position Organization Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Are you interested in conducting research that will help us understand modern employment relationships? Then apply for our postdoctoral position at the Organization Sciences department of the Vrij...
Postdoc Inter And Transdisciplinary Research And Education For Food System Transformation, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Location: AMSTERDAM FTE: 0.8 - 1 Are you a researcher combining an interest in interdisciplinarity, education and food system transformation? At the Athena Institute of the Vrije Universiteit Amst...