The adapter protein 14-3-3 acts as a “hub” by interacting with several hundred partner proteins in human cells. These 14-3-3 PPIs are implicated in a number of diseases ranging from cancer and neurodegeneration to inflammation and metabolic syndromes. 14-3-3s bind their partner proteins after phosphorylation of specific recognition motifs in the target protein. These phosphorylation events are acting as an “on-off switch” of 14-3-3 binding which consequently is under control of the cell’s kinase/phosphatase system. The study of both the dynamic 14-3-3 interactome in health and diseased cells and the consequences of 14-3-3 binding on the cell’s phosphoproteome are essential to understand the role of 14-3-3 in for example in Diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease or Inflammation. In particular, the project focusses on the regulation of p53 by 14-3-3 proteins. 14-3-3 has been shown to stabilize the functional tetramer of p53 and enhance p53’s functions. We want to understand how 14-3-3 binding affects different mutant forms of p53 and if the positive regulation of p53 by 14-3-3 proteins can be enhanced by small molecules.
The postdoc will be hired for two years, place of work will be TU Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- Culture of cell lines. Transformation with constructs for protein-protein proximity techniques (BioID, APEX).
- Sample preparation for mass-spectrometry analysis, including compound treatments.
- Cell biology characterization of the effect of enhanced stabilization of 14-3-3/p53 complexes
- Have a PhD in biology, biochemistry, or biotechnology.
- Have excellent track record from their previous studies along with experience and expertise in at least one of these fields: cell biology, biochemistry, proteomics.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Be a team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 2 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
dr. Christian Ottmann, c.ottmann[at]tue.nl or prof.dr.ir. Luc Brunsveld, l.brunsveld[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, please contact HRServices[at]tue.nl
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Postdoc In Functional Proteomics And Cell Signalling , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
A postdoctoral position is available in the group of Professor Blagoy Blagoev at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense. Invited are applicati...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Dioscuri Centre (Laboratory Of Rna Protein Interactions), International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 25 days ago
We are currently focusing on two main topics: • Functional and structural characteristics of novel RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) and RNA-protein interactions in innate immune response to RNA viruses...
Junior Fellow In Cancer Immunology – Lugli Lab, Humanitas Research Hospital, Italy, 29 days ago
The Laboratory of Translational Immunology is currently seeking a highly motivated junior scientist at the postbac (post “laurea”) level to study the cellular and molecular mechanisms of memory T ...
Postdoctoral Researcher Position In The Laboratory Of Molecular And Cellular Neurobiology, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 25 days ago
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Professor Jacek Jaworski is looking for a Postdoctoral Res...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Protein/Rna Biochemistry And Structural Biology, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Czech, 29 days ago
Postdoctoral position is available for a biochemist / molecular biologist / structural biologist. Two projects are available. The first project is focused on study of synthesis and translation of ...
Postdoc (M/W/D), E13/100 % , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
22.06.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a scientist (Postdoc, m/w/d) who wants to decipher the fundamental stimuli that drive the diversification of activated T and NK cells int...