9 Sep 2023
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
30 Oct 2023 - 22:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
You will be embedded in an international team of researchers who have one single goal: making sustainable short-range aircraft a reality. Your task is to investigate the consequences of a battery-filled wing on the structural design of that wing. You will have to perform load calculations under various flight and landing cases and use that information to design a feasible yet ultra-lightweight wing structure. You will use an existing aeroelastic design code for this purpose, but you will also expand that code to make it suitable for the design studies.
- You hold an MSc in aerospace or mechanical engineering. A PhD is welcomed but not a must.
- Knowledge of low-speed aerodynamics and finite element modelling is a must.
- You like to program in Matlab, Python or C++.
- You want to work closely with an industrial partner, so you can independently bridge the gap between research and the applications.
- You are passionate about future passenger aircraft.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants, TU Delft has the Coming to Delft Service . This service provides information for new international employees to help you prepare the relocation and to settle in the Netherlands. The Coming to Delft Service offers a Dual Career Programme for partners and they organise events to expand your (social) network.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before 30 October 2023 via the application button and upload your CV and you motivation letter. Please explain your passion for numerical multidisciplinary aircraft modelling and your passion for sustainable aviation in the motivation letter.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Applying for an exemption for specific research and educational areas is an obligatory part of the selection procedure for this vacancy. This exemption must be obtained from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) before an employment contract is agreed upon. Click here for more information.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Please do not contact us for unsolicited services.
Contact Roeland De Breuker (email@example.com) for more information.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Delft University of Technology
- Postal Code
- 2628 CD
- Mekelweg 2
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Postdoc In The Ethical Impact Of Technology On Society , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Challenge: Carrying out ethical and societal analyses of quantum technology applications. Change: Finding global solidarity for the ethical development of emerging technologies. Impact: Making rec...
Postdoc Wad Sed: Wadden Sea And Estuaries: System Dynamics And Sediment Management Under Climate Change, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Challenge: Improve modelling channel formation and migration? Change: Mathematical & physical formulation and numerical implementation in Delft3D Impact: Improve process-based morphodynamic modell...
Postdoc Enzymology In Tungsten Bio Catalysis Heavy Metal Enzymes For Sustainable Industrial Biocatalysis , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Challenge: Finding ways to produce tungsten enzymes on an industrial scale. Change: Understanding how tungsten enzymes work. Impact: Using new classes of enzymes to green the chemical industry. Eu...
Postdoc Structural Biology Of Parkinson's Disease, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Challenge: What are the underlying molecular mechanisms of Parkinson's? Change: Solving protein structures for new insights at the nanoscale. Impact: Understanding Parkinson's Disease. A 3-year po...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Catalytic Conversion Of Polymer Waste, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Waste no more We are looking for outstanding chemists to join our team on the project focused at converting polymer waste to value-added chemicals. A large fraction of consumer palstics undergoes ...
Postdoc Position On Process Dynamics And Control For Direct Air Capture, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Postdoc position on process dynamics and control for Direct Air Capture To stop global warming, it is vital to reduce carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) to net zero within the coming decades. This inv...