Irène Curie Fellowship
To achieve a more sustainable construction of concrete structures, the reuse of existing dismantled concrete elements is of great importance. Evidently, this should lead to reliable structures. To make this possible, research is being conducted at TU/e as part of the Horizon 2020 project ReCreate. For this research, we are looking for postdocs with experience in the field of concrete structures and probabilistic design.
In case of reusable precast concrete elements in new structures, for the structural reliability different uncertainties play a role than in case of construction consisting entirely of new designed elements. It is therefore that the application of the semi-probabilistic safety philosophy to obtain a reliable structure should be reconsidered, with an understanding of relevant uncertainties such as, for example, the reinforcement configuration. A study on this is being performed by the chairs of Sustainment of Concrete Structures and Sustainable Structural Design of the Faculty of the Built Environment as part of the ReCreate project. In order to continue the research over the next two years and achieve relevant publications, we are looking for a postdoc who can independently conduct research within this project and in cooperation with colleagues can coach PhD candidates and Master students.
- Motivated researcher, with a PhD in Structural Concrete and/of probabilistic design, or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, reflected in demonstratable outputs.
- A team player who enjoys coaching PhD and Master's students and working in a motivated team.
- A proven ability to manage difficult tasks to completion on schedule.
- Excellent (written and verbal) proficiency in English C1 level, good communication and leadership skills.
Conditions of employment
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for 1,5-2 years.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10 (min. € 3.557,- max. € 4.670,-).
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A TU/e Postdoc Association that helps you to build a stronger and broader academic and personal network, and offers tailored support, training and workshops.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
We are Eindhoven University of Technology - YouTube
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact the hiring manager Prof.ir. S. Wijte, full professor, s.n.m.wijte[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact Scott Jacops, HR Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org, + 31 40 247 3161.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application using the apply-button. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
Post Doc In Machine Learning For Integrated Circuit Design Flow, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 30 days ago
PostDoc in Machine Learning for Integrated Circuit design flow PostDoc in Machine Learning for Integrated Circuit design flow Published Deadline Location yesterday 18 Jun Eindhoven Job description...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position For Interactive Polymer Materials, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 5 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application D...
Postdoc On High Speed Laser Modulator Integration In Membrane Photonics, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 22 days ago
9 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application De...
Postdoctoral Research Position In Reliability And Risk Assessment Of Civil Engineering Structures Considering Sustainability Principles, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech, 17 days ago
12 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Czech Technical University in Prague Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Leading R...
Ph D On Optical Fibre Post Processing For Quantum Sensing, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 6 days ago
25 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application ...
Postdoc On Electro Osmotic Drying Of Diluted Biomass Streams, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Postdoc on Electro-osmotic drying of diluted biomass streams Postdoc on Electro-osmotic drying of diluted biomass streams Published Deadline Location today 25 Jun Eindhoven Job description In our ...