17 Nov 2023
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
7 Jan 2024 - 22:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of materials science by developing innovative machine learning-driven models for the analysis and prediction of complex metallic microstructures. This role presents a unique opportunity to address critical questions related to the structure-property relationships of metals, unlocking new possibilities for engineering and design in various industries.
By developing advanced data-driven models and analytical tools, we aim to enhance our understanding of how thermomechanical processing parameters influence the microstructural features and in turn, the mechanical properties of metallic materials. Through this, we hope to accelerate the development of next-generation materials with improved performance, impacting a wide range of applications.
Why join us?
- Lead a pioneering project at the forefront of machine learning and materials science.
- Work with international collaborators from diverse disciplines.
- Access state-of-the-art resources and computational facilities.
- Supervise PhD and MSc researchers.
- Receive mentorship and support in developing your academic career.
This will be a 3-year Postdoc position embedded in the research group of Dr. Sid Kumar (https://www.mech-mat.com/ ).
Why join us?
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., materials science, mechanical engineering, applied mechanics).
- Experienced in machine learning for scientific applications.
- Strong programming skills (Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.).
- A passion for cutting-edge research and the drive to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, discounts on health insurance, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants, TU Delft has the Coming to Delft Service . This service provides information for new international employees to help you prepare the relocation and to settle in the Netherlands. The Coming to Delft Service offers a Dual Career Programme for partners and they organise events to expand your (social) network.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before 7 January 2024 via the application button and please enclose:
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including the current status of your PhD and a list of publications and projects
- Self-selected best scientific paper (journal or conference) relevant to this position
- List of 2-3 references
- A cover letter with your motivation for joining this position
- We encourage applicants to apply right away and do not wait until the deadline.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Please do not contact us for unsolicited services.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dr. Sid Kumar ([email protected] )
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Delft University of Technology
- Postal Code
- 2628 CD
- Mekelweg 2
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Postdoc In Machine Learning Driven Modeling Of Metallic Microstructures, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Challenge: Solve computational bottlenecks in the modelling of mechanics of metallic systems. Change: Develop new physics-informed machine learning algorithms and predictive models. Impact: Enable...
Postdoc Mesoscale Modelling Approach To Predict Liquid Metal Embrittlement Of Zinc Coated Steel, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
A main concern in the application of novel zinc coated advanced high strength steels is the weldability, in particular the phenomenon of liquid metal embrittlement (LME). LME may occur during weld...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Catalytic Conversion Of Polymer Waste, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Waste no more We are looking for outstanding chemists to join our team on the project focused at converting polymer waste to value-added chemicals. A large fraction of consumer palstics undergoes ...
Postdoc Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy As A Predictive Tool For A Ship’s Hull Corrosion Integrity, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
This PD position offers a unique opportunity to apply fundamental research from the fields of data science and sensor fusion towards an innovative maritime application. Within the dTHOR (digital s...
Postdoc Scaling Interconnects For Ultra High Throughout Chip Assembly, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Scaling interconnects for ultra high-throughout chip assembly. Current assembly processes utilize high-speed robotic systems to pick, place and bond microelectronic components at the right positio...
Postdoc Artificial Intelligence For The Dynamics Of 2 D Materials, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
We live in an era where artificial intelligence (AI) stands as a beacon of innovation, where advances in machine learning (ML) profoundly impact many aspects of our society. Nevertheless, the use ...