21 Nov 2023
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
29 Feb 2024 - 23:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is seeking a bright post-doctoral researcher to setup an autonomous materials discovery lab. The goal of the project is to setup a closed-loop formulation discovery lab consisting of robots and characterization equipment that will allow autonomous discovery of new coatings. The project is part of the Groeifonds program 'Big Chemistry' and you will work with other PhD students and post-docs on this topic.
The successful candidate should be excited about applying machine learning and automation to chemistry, specifically setting up a workflow based on active learning of new formulations. The research will be part of wider and exciting efforts currently spearheaded within the Synthetic Biology group led by prof.dr. Tom de Greef.
We are accepting applications from enthusiastic and highly talented candidates who are interested in a dynamic, stimulating, and ambitious environment to perform their research. We are looking for candidates that meet the following requirements:
- A PhD in chemical engineering and/or (bio)informatics with a focus on robotic automation of chemical processes.
- Prior experience with machine learning and robotic automation.
- Prior experience with Python.
- A research-oriented attitude with an analytical mindset.
- Ability to independently work within a dynamic team and to foster collaborations.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
The position will be based at the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) in the Netherlands. Doctoral research will be performed within the Synthetic Biology group in the Department of Biomedical Engineering under the supervision of prof. Tom de Greef. Our group is interested in developing emergent technologies based on biology and biological principles such as biological computing devices, DNA-based digital data storage, engineered living materials, engineered cells, and digital chemistry.
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for 2 years.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10 (min. €3,877 max. €5,090).
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A TU/e Postdoc Association that helps you to build a stronger and broader academic and personal network, and offers tailored support, training and workshops.
A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
We are Eindhoven University of Technology - YouTube
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
Prof.dr. Tom de Greef, Full Professor, t.f.a.d.greef[at]tue.nl[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5409.
Additional information on the department you can find here .
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Sascha Sanchez, HR advisor, s.j.m.g.sanchez.van.oort[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 7310.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application using the apply-button. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- PhD thesis.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Postal Code
- 5612 AP
- De Rondom 70
Where to apply
De Rondom 70
- Postal Code
Postdoctoral Fellow Positions For Human Interactive Materials, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Vacancy is available for post-doctoral research fellows in the field of human interactive materials for soft robotic machine and haptics application at the Department of Chemical Engineering and C...
Post Doc (2 3 Years*) On Quantifying Dutch Historical Sustainability Trade Offs, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences Reference number V39.7262 Job description Are you fascinated by sustainab...
Postdoc In Ai For Protein Representation Learning In Drug Discovery, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Biomedical Engineering Reference number V50.7253 Job description Proteins play a crucial role as mediators of the therap...
Postdoc Resilient Hydro Twinning: Semantic City Modelling And Flood Simulations, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Are you working on 3D Digital Twinning for the built environment, on city and infrastructure scale? Do you want to make an impact on urban flood resilience? And are you an engineer with strong int...
Ph D/Postdoc On Photonic Integration For Space Based Metrology, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Position PhD-student, (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Institutes and others Eindhoven Hendrik Casimir Institute Reference number V36.7279 ...
Postdoc On Droplet Size Separation For Virus Quantification, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Mechanical Engineering Reference number V35.7259 Job description Risk assessment of respiratory disease outbreaks requir...