2 Sep 2023
Maastricht University (UM)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
24 Sep 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
This project is a collaboration with Henkel, a German company active hair care products, detergents, fabric softeners and adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. The goal of the project is to make biodegradable polymers for stain removal.
The task of the post-doc is to synthesize monomers and polymers with stain removal activity. There will be a continuous feedback loop with the people from Henkel who will test the stain removal potential of the polymers, upon which the structure of the polymers will be further improved.
The post-doc will be appointed at the Aachen-Maastricht Institute for Biobased Materials of Maastricht University, which is part of the Faculty of Science and Engineering. You will work in the Sustainable Polymer Synthesis group of Associate Professor Katrien Bernaerts, which focusses on the synthesis and design of polymer materials with tunable properties and recyclability exploiting the functionality of biobased building blocks. You will operate from the Brightlands-Chemelot Campus in Geleen (Nl), where the labs are located.
- holds a PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related fields;
- has skills in organic synthesis, purification and characterization;
- has skills in polymer synthesis and characterization. Experience with polycondensation is a pro;
- has a strong interest to investigate structure-property relationships of the synthesized polymers;
- is open to scale up polymers for application tests by industrial project partners;
- the candidate is expected to stay abreast of the recent literature (publications and patents) in the field, develop research ideas and valorize the research in the form of patents and research papers;
- likes to interact with an industrial partner;
- is result driven, inventive, creative, counts with potential impact, works ‘accountable’ and works with ownership;
- masters scientific English for speaking, reading, and writing. Knowledge of Dutch is not required.
As a Post-doc at the Faculty of Science and Engineering, you will be employed by the most international university of the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is in grated in scale 11 according to the UFO profile Researcher, function level 3 with corresponding salary ranging from € 4.332 to € 5.929 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus are applicable.
- The full-time position is offered for 1 year. The post-doc should start as soon as possible.
- As Family-friendly University, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model.
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students.
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as 'acknowledge and appreciate'.
The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the Collective Bargaining Agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, Click here
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter including your motivation, your relevant experience (referring to the “description of the candidate”, above)
- Names and contact data of two people who could provide a reference
- Diplomas/degrees including a grade transcript of previous education
We will recruit until the position is filled. The selection process commences immediately, but will close when a suitable candidate has been found, even if this prior to the final date of the application window.
Send your application, stating the vacancy number by email to:
Maastricht University is committed to promoting and nurturing a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that diversity in our staff and student population contributes to the quality of research and education at UM, and strive to enable this through inclusive policies and innovative projects led by teams of staff and students. We encourage you to apply for this position.
Please note, the system cannot upload the following attachments (xyz.zip .htm .html).
For further information about this position you can contact:
Katrien Bernaerts, Associate Professor Sustainable Polymer Synthesis
(T+31 43 388 2636).
If interested, use the 'apply now’ button on this page to see the application procedure.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Maastricht University
- Postal Code
- 6167 RD
- Urmonderbaan 22
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Ph D Researcher In Vitro Miniaturized Bone Tissues, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 27 days ago
PhD Researcher - In Vitro Miniaturized Bone Tissues PhD Researcher - In Vitro Miniaturized Bone Tissues Published Deadline Location yesterday 19 Nov Maastricht We are currently seeking for an exce...
Post Doc Or Scientist In The Area Of Functional Vitrimers (A), Empa, Switzerland, about 23 hours ago
Materials science and technology are our passion. With our cutting-edge research, Empa's around 1,100 employees make essential contributions to the well-being of society for a future worth living....
Post Doc In Flexible Electronics And Mems, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Post-doc in Flexible electronics and MEMS (V23.0757) « Back to the overview Job description We are currently looking to fill a postdoctoral candidate positions as a part of the Dutch Research Coun...
Postdoc In Silicone Polymer Synthesis – Dtu Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
If you are establishing your career as scientist and you are looking for the best possible foundation for fulfilling your dreams and ambitions, then join the Danish Polymer Centre. Our research ce...
Post Doc In Flexible Electronics And Mems, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
Organisation Job description We are currently looking to fill a postdoctoral candidate positions as a part of the Dutch Research Council (NWO) funded project through Smart Industry 2019. The main ...
Postdoc Theory And Simulation Of Ionic Polymers For Electrochemical Energy Conversion, Helmholtz, Germany, about 8 hours ago
Your Job: Economically viable and environmentally friendly hydrogen-based energy technologies, such as fuel cells and electrolysers, are of enormous strategic importance. Ionic polymers perform ke...