The University of Groningen has an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 31,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, we are truly an international place of knowledge.
Within the Neurobiology group of the Groningen Institute for Evolutionary Life Sciences (GELIFES) at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands, a post-doc position is currently available. This research position is embedded in a national project with partners from the Radboud UMC and Erasmus MC. The project was recently funded by a ZonMW Memorable subsidy. You will work in collaboration with the Memorable project partners. The project aims at understanding the role of social environment on the development of brain health and cognitive decline related to dementia. You will perform state of the art research to provide novel insights into the relationship between social environment, behavioural and cognitive performance, and brain markers related to neuro-inflammation and neuronal plasticity in data collection from human subjects. In this research context, we are looking for a candidate to fill a post-doc position on the analysis of smartphone based behavioural data. The position is part of the BEHAPP (https://behapp.org
) research programme where we operate a research platform for smartphone based behavioural studies.
The general responsibility for you is to reason about and analyze the behavioural data collected through our platform. Additionally, the candidate is expected to:
• help with research and establish a (technical) data quality and testing methodology for our mobile application including operationalizing the method for automatic analysis
• perform integrative data analysis of smartphone data with other available data from human subjects, including behavioural, cognition and MRI data.
Lastly, to help you on your way, we offer a rich dataset including a set of standardized tools that will help to get up to speed fast.
Research will be performed in the Neurobiology group at the Groningen Institute for Evolutionary Life Sciences (GELIFES), which comprises several other strong, internationally recognized research groups in the field of evolutionary biology and behavioural and molecular neuroscience. In addition, complimentary human studies on this topic will be performed as part of this national funded project, allowing for active collaborations with excellent and diverse academic project partners in Nijmegen and Rotterdam.
- you have obtained a doctorate preferably in the field of psychology, psychiatry, biology, mathematics and / or informatics
- you have experience with complex data analyses methods using tools like e.g. R or the Python data science stack
- you are critical on the appropriate application of methods (statistical, mathematical, machine learning or otherwise) given a medical context of analysis
- you have good command of English (oral and written)
- you are a team player, and possess excellent communication skills (indicated by the ability to write scientific papers and deliver presentations).
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary of € 3,255 (salary scale 10) gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 3,514 gross per month
• a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• a position for 2.5 years. You first will be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of a year and a half extension, conditional on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate successful implementation of the project aims.
How to apply
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• letter of motivation
• curriculum vitae
• list of examination marks
• contact information of two academic referees.
You can submit your application until 29 August 11.59pm / before 30 August 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Applications must indicate the relevant vacancy number as indicated above. The position will remain open until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp
-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
Martien Kas, firstname.lastname@example.org
(please do not use the email addresses above for applications)GELIFES
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Statistics/Methodology/Pharmacoepidemiology (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 22 days ago
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities: • a starting salary (scale 10) depending on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years: •) 0...
Post Doctoral Researcher Environmental Psychology (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 22 days ago
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, you’re requested to upload the following documents: - a motivation letter stating your motivation to apply for the position and your key qualities r...
Post Doc Fuel Cell Systems (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 22 days ago
You can submit your application until 3 December 11:59 pm / before 4 December Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Computational Metabolism Research (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 17 days ago
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities: • 0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a fulltime position • 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a fulltime ...
Permanent Bioinformatics Staff Position In Genomics , SciLifeLab, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
Uppsala university The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology We now offer a permanent position to work with advanced bioinformatics support within the framework of the National Bioinformatics I...
Permanent Bioinformatics Staff Position In Genomics, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively...