Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences
Are you passionate about the potential of health behavior technology to transform the practice of medicine? Do you want your research to make a difference to the future of medical care in the Netherlands and worldwide? This post-doctoral researcher will develop a training module for Dutch clinical professionals about how to use health behavior change technology, focusing on the psychological and ethical aspects of using technology to influence health behavior.
The main challenge will be to develop a module to teach best practices for the use of health behavior change technologies such as mobile applications and wearables. The target group for the module is Dutch clinical professionals such as GPs, nurse practitioners, and POH (praktijkondersteuners van de huisarts) who play a role in stimulating healthy behavior. Technologies can support target health behaviors and goal achievement through data collection, feedback, knowledge-provision, and motivational encouragement. The candidate will conduct research on current Dutch and international medical practice and relevant health psychology and ethical dimensions of health behavior change technologies. They will also interact with key stakeholders such as clinicians and professional organizations, policy institutes, academia, and non-governmental organizations. Finally, they will also support project activities that disseminate relevant knowledge and promote knowledge utilization.
The candidate will be part of Mobile Support Systems for Behavior Change, a research project of the Philosophy & Ethics Group and the Human Technology Interaction Group at TU Eindhoven, together with Philips Research. The post-doctoral position will be hosted in the Department of Philosophy & Ethics, a vibrant research group at the university.
Preliminary research suggests there is no existing module for professionals serving the aims we have in mind. This is a unique opportunity to influence the future of health care practice as clinical professionals increasingly adopt mobile health solutions and work with patients to empower health behavior.
- PhD in Applied Ethics, Health Care Ethics, (Health) Psychology, Human Technology Interaction, or a comparable domain.
- Excellent networking skills.
- A proven ability to manage a complex project to completion on schedule.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Excellent mastery of the English language, good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to speak Dutch is desirable for this position because of the need to interact with Dutch health professionals and organizations. However, candidates who are not fluent in Dutch will be seriously considered.
- Proven ability to be a team player and work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- Full-time employment for nine months.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
Philip J. Nickel, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy & Ethics, at p.j.nickel[at]tue.nl
or +31 40 247 3726.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Kim Spinder-van Puijenbroek, HR Advisor, k.a.g.m.v.puijenbroek[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary, please combine files.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Postdoc Pet Spect Instrumentation For Cancer Therapy Research, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Tomography with radiolabeled molecules (PET and SPECT) is key for discovering mechanisms of disease, new pharmaceuticals and diagnostic tracers. In recent years the application of radiotracers tha...
Postdoctoral Researchers Behavioural And Social Sciences (5.6 7.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Postdoctoral researchers Behavioural and Social Sciences (5.6-7.0 FTE) (222496-02) « Back to the overview Job description Working towards resilient societies, transparent science and alignment wit...
Post Doctoral Researcher In The Field Of Integration Of Newcomers In Education, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 22 days ago
As a postdoc researcher you will work on the research project: Educational disadvantages of newcomers: explanatory mechanisms and promising interventions. You will conduct (quantitative) research...
Postdoc Numerical Simulation On Reaction, Microstructure Volume Stability Of Novel Cements For Carbon Capture Storage, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
TU Delft is opening a 2.5 year post-doc position on numerical simulation of novel cement systems during carbon capture and storage (CCS). In this project, a reaction-transport model will be develo...
Postdoc Sensor Fusion For Indoor Localisation Using The Magnetic Field, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Challenge: Simultaneous localisation and mapping using the magnetic field as a source of position information. Change: Use Gaussian processes within sensor fusion to learn quantities, like magneti...
Post Doctoral Researcher In The Field Of Integration Of Newcomers In Education, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 18 days ago
Post-doctoral researcher in the field of integration of newcomers in education Post-doctoral researcher in the field of integration of newcomers in education Published Deadline Location 21 Jul 1 A...