We are looking for a Post-doctoral researcher at the Dept.of Mathematics & Computer Science of the Eindhoven University of Technology in the field of machine learning. The researcher will work on the DayTime and BigMedilytics projects.
Mathematics and Computer Science
Institutes and others
Data Science Center Eindhoven
Daytime stands for Digital Lifecycle Twins for Predictive Maintenance. The objective of the Daytime `project is to demonstrate the applicability of Industry 4.0 and in particular DayTime innovations beyond traditional productions plants into the hospitals and the home by treating healthcare equipment as means or tools for production.
Healthcare encompasses both capital intensive equipment in hospitals and smart consumer products at homes. In either case reliable mapping of user interaction into system response is crucial in supporting the customer to optimally operate the product. DayTime will enable manufacturers to transform into digital service provides giving advice tailored to the user. This advice will be based on actual system status and usage combining digital twin concepts with user/usage profiling. The advice encompasses suggestions to improve performance, reduce wear and tear and provide instructions to improve longevity or pro-actively deliver maintenance as service.
The TU/e will focus on knowledge valorization by creating and translating research results into successful innovations, working together with the consortium partners, especially with Philips Research and Philips Magnetic Resonance business on the topics of predictive and reactive maintenance by applying data science and artificial intelligence technologies.
An extensive project description is available on request.
TASKS of the post-doctoral researcher:
- carry out research within the project, in cooperation with the other parties involved;
- report on the results in project deliverables, papers and conference contributions;
- a small contribution to the teaching activities of the Computer Science Faculty may be asked.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- A PhD degree in computer science, information science or related fields (mathematics or electrical engineering);
- A research oriented attitude;
- Solid publication record and accomplishments in machine learning and or artificial intelligence
- Knowledge and practical experience in at least one of the following areas: NLP, text mining, machine learning, and knowledge management
- Solid programing skills (e.g. Java)
- Knowledge of Phyton, R Tensorflow, and/or similar languages/tools;
- Ability to work in a team, interest in collaborating with the industrial partners;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for temporary appointment for 1 year (with a potential of extension / promotion)
- Close collaboration with an industrial partner (Philips)
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Foreign applicants may benefit from the 30% tax regulation in order to get a higher net salary, when granted.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof. dr. Milan Petkovic, m.petkovic[at]tue.nl
For information about terms of employment click here , or contact HRServices.MCS[at]tue.nl
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’ and software artifacts developed.
- Proof of English language skills (if applicable)
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Post Doc In Super Resolution Microscopy Of Rna Nanotechnology And Delivery, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 25 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Phd Research Fellow In Cheminformatics And Molecular Design, University of Bergen, Norway, 6 days ago
There is a vacancy for a PhD position in cheminformatics and molecular design at Department of Chemistry . The position is allocated to an interdisciplinary project within energy transition funded...
Research Fellow, Human Capital And Learning Technology Scientis, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, about 13 hours ago
Job Description The Lead Principal Investigator of a high-profile, joint adult education research project between NUS and Cisco Systems, is looking to hire a Research Fellow with hybrid skills and...
Postdoctoral Researcher – Subject Specific Spine Modelling, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
Information about the Biomedical Engineering department can be found at: https://www.tue.nl/en/university/departments/biomedical-engineering/ Information about the Orthopaedic Biomechanics group c...
Ma Research Fellowship, Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas - UNL, Portugal, 26 days ago
A call is open for the attribution of a Master Research fellowship under the scope of the research project “Western Sephardic Diaspora Roadmap”, funded by a private international institution. Work...
Research Assistant, Computer Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Research Assistant, Computer Science Employer NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Location Singapore Posted Aug 31, 2021 End of advertisement period Sep 29, 2021 Ref 4111544 Academic Discipline Engin...