23 May 2023
University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
15 Jun 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Do you enjoy:
- working on cutting-edge projects that leverage advanced language models and conversational AI to drive innovation in financial services;
- fine-tuning large language models such as ChatGPT to enhance their ability to understanding the sustainability preferences of institutional investors' beneficiaries;
- developing conversational systems that can improve the investment and voting strategies of institutional investors and align them with the sustainability preferences of their beneficiaries;
Then the job of Postdoctoral researcher at the Amsterdam Center for Law & Economics (ACLE) and the Informatics Institute of the University of Amsterdam is perfect for you as a highly versatile professional.
What does this job entail?
- create, evaluate, and describe novel L arge Language Model-based dialogue systems with a purpose;
- present research results at national and international conferences, workshops and journals;
- become an active member of the research community and to collaborate with other researchers, both within and outside the Informatics Institute and the Amsterdam Center for Law& Economics (ACLE);
- assist in teaching activities or supervising master and PhD students.
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or a closely related field;
- An excellent publication record in AI, including publications in venues such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, SIGIR, TheWebConf, WSDM, ACL, EMNLP, AAAI, IJCAI-ECAI;
- Demonstration of open science output, such as open-source code and/or data;
- Substantial knowledge of machine learning;
- Eagerness to tackle complex scientific problems;
- Strong programming skills with experience using Python and deep learning frameworks;
- The ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
- A general understanding of economic and legal problems, particularly concerning preference aggregation and regulation of corporate governance.
- Ability to interact not only with informatics scholars, but also with legal and finance scholars.
We offer an employment contract for 18 months, preferably starting on 1 July 2023. If you prove to be a good match for the job, then an extension is possible. The employment contract is for 32-38 hours a week.
Your salary, depending on your relevant experience on commencement of the employment contract, ranges between €3974 to €5439 gross per month on the basis of a full working week of 38 hours. This sum does not include the 8% holiday allowance and the 8.3% year-end allowance. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU) is applicable.
If you feel the profile fits you, and you are interested in the job, we look forward to receiving your application letter and CV. You can apply online via the link below. We will accept applications until 15 June 2023. There will be only one round of application interviews in week 26 from 26 June until 30 June.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact (during office hours):
Prof.dr. Alessio Pacces
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Amsterdam Law School
- Postal Code
- Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Lecturers In Corporate Communication , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Are you passionate about teaching, interested in the relation between media and organizational issues, and looking for a challenging job in a dynamic setting? Due to the world-wide popularity of o...
Ph.D. Candidate Host Microbiome Interactions In Multicellular Models Of Inflammatory Diseases , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Are you fascinated by host-microbiome interactions and excited by creating a state-of-the-art multi-cellular in vitro model for unraveling the crosstalk between gut microbiota, immune and neuronal...
Project Manager Critical Infrastructure Lab , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Are you looking for a challenging job in a dynamic team? The department of Media Studies of the Faculty of Humanities is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced project manager. The Critical I...
Assistant Professor Communication Science, Focus On Strategic Communication, Organisations, Society , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Are you passionate about research and teaching communication science, interested in how communication plays a role in the different key issues (e.g., climate change, misinformation, or polarizatio...
International Officer, Staff Support, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Do you have experience with supporting internationals coming to the Netherlands, and would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team of professionals in an international academic environment? D...
Student Assistant Diversity & Inclusion , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Are you a proactive student seeking meaningful work experience alongside your studies? Do you excel in dynamic environments and do you have a strong passion for diversity and inclusion? If so, we ...