Post-doc in Flexible electronics and MEMS (V23.0757)
- « Back to the overview
We are currently looking to fill a postdoctoral candidate positions as a part of the Dutch Research Council (NWO) funded project through Smart Industry 2019. The main goal of the post-doc project will be to develop flexible strain sensors and 3D printed polymer MEMS flow sensors.
We are looking for a highly motivated and independent Postdoctoral candidate with a background in flexible electronics and MEMS, with a willingness to work in an interdisciplinary environment. During your Post-doc, you will work together with our vibrant interdisciplinary team, which consists of enthusiastic PhDs, and Post-docs with backgrounds in MEMS, electronic materials, flexible electronics, biomimetics, sensor technology and biomedical sensors.
The postdoctoral candidate will conduct research in the field of flexible &wearable electronic devices, 3D printed MEMS sensors, and applications of MEMS flow sensors. The candidate is expected to conduct research related to flexible sensors, flexible soft polymer MEMS and real-life applications of MEMS. It includes the embedding of such systems in a MEMS device, thus taking a electromechanical design and testing perspective, and deals with research activities on 3D printed MEMS, inkjet printed electronics and flexible electronics.
In particular, you will:
• design and conduct non-clean room based fabrications of MEMS sensors through micro-projection stereolithography (µ-pSLA) technique
• explore 3D printing as a method to fabricate novel functional material based sensing elements
• develop wearable sensors for movement and wearable EMG, electrochemical sweat sensors to detect vital body parameters
• develop piezoresistive and piezocapacitive flexible electronic sensors
• investigate the sensing principles of novel 2D sensing materials such as electrospun carbon nanofibers, Graphene, and polymer piezoelectrics for MEMS/NEMS applications.
• embed such micro/nano sensors in sensing systems for various applications.
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage currently more than 34,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and the top 100 universities in the world (see our ranking: http://www.rug.nl/(...)do-we-stand/rankings , the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge. Within the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE), the Engineering and Technology institute Groningen (ENTEG) conducts engineering science research and covers a broad area of mechanical engineering, electronic materials and MEMS, nanotechnology, control engineering, materials engineering.
This current Post-doc project are a collaborative project between the Bioinspired MEMS and Biomedical Devices (BMBD) and the Discrete Technology and Production Automation (DTPA) research units within ENTEG. The MEMS research thrust within BMBD research group chaired by Dr Ajay G.P. Kottapalli focuses on the development of advanced micro/nano technologies to develop state-of-the-art MEMS/NEMS sensors and systems, biomimetic MEMS/NEMS, wearable sensors, 3D printing and additive manufacturing for novel MEMS sensors, and sensors for biomedical /clinical /healthcare monitoring applications. ng, and (bio)-chemical engineering.
• have at least a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or another related engineering education
• work experience with an experimental background in polymer MEMS (design and fabrication) or flexible electronics (candidates with a background only in computations and simulations are not eligible)
• experience with experimental sensor fabrication equipment and techniques such as inkjet printing, 3D printing, 3D printed electronics, electroprinting, electrospinning, aerosol jet printing
• experience with MEMS fabrication process flows in a cleanroom is a plus
• experience in material and electromechanical characterization tools such as SEM, nanoindenter, tension/compression testers
• experience with Matlab, CAD/CAM, COMSOL and finite element analysis is beneficial
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• a dynamic, creative and pioneering professional attitude
• ability to work independently and with colleagues
• a problem solving ability
• cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills
• able to communicate and teach in English, and Dutch is an advantage.
The application should include:
• CV which includes a full list of publications
• motivation letter (1 page)
• research statement (1-2 Pages)
• copy of the PhD diploma or estimated time of graduation
• contact details of 3 academic references.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary from a minimum of € 3,877 gross per month up to a maximum of € 5,090 gross per month (salary scale 10) based on a full-time position and dependent on qualification and work experience
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• a position is available for 1 year with a possibility of extension.
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You may apply for this position until 19 December 11:59pm / before 20 December 2023 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/(...)rsity-and-inclusion/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Dr A. G. P. Kottapalli, +31 6 40827836, [email protected]
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.
Postdoc In Pressure Gradient Estimation – Dtu Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 14 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Postdoc in Pressure Gradient Estimation – DTU Health Tech Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description A 1-year postdoc position...
Research Fellow (Waste Heat Harvesting And Wearable Sensors), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 19 days ago
8 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Chemistry Engineering Physics Chemistry Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singa...
Senior Researcher In Material Science: Advanced Bioelectronics And Sensors – Dtu Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Senior Researcher in Material Science: Advanced Bioelectronics and Sensors – DTU Health Tech Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Job Description The Departme...
Research Fellow (3 D Aerosol Jet Printing), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 22 days ago
3 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Engineering Engineering Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application...
Robotic Construction Senior Expert And Researcher, Institute Of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia, Spain, 11 days ago
16 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute Of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia Research Field Technology » Construction technology Technology » Production technology Technology »...
Postdoctoral Scholarship Carbohydrate Sensing And Detection Of Glycans, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 22 days ago
2 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Chalmers University of Technology Department Biology and Biological Engineering Research Field Chemistry » Organic chemistry Technology » Nanotechno...