Are you passionate about spearheading innovation programs that pave the way for groundbreaking sensor and digital food advancements?
Come help us drive Food Innovation: Join us as a Business Development Manager!
As a Business Development Manager at WFBR, a part of the esteemed Wageningen University & Research, you will play a pivotal role in catalyzing innovation within the OnePlanet Research Center's Smart Food Processing program. This initiative aims to revolutionize the food system through the integration of novel sensing tools, AI-driven digital innovations, and cutting-edge food production technologies, we're enabling real-time process control, leading to bettered resource utilization, reduced food wastage, and elevated product consistency.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- cooperatively shaping the Smart Food Processing program with our experts, translating industry needs into high-impact propositions;
- creating and following up leads within the industrial sector (Smart Food Processing), distilling market trends, challenges, and innovations into valuable research inquiries;
- negotiating collaboration agreements' commercial terms, ensuring timely execution in close partnership with our legal and financial experts;
- cultivating and expanding a robust international business network, elevating the WUR and OnePlanet Research Center brand to attain a market-leading position;
- orchestrating consortia comprising industry partners, research institutions, and universities to together advance meaningful innovations within the Smart Food Processing program, accelerating product development.
The program will be established within the OnePlanet Research Center . This is an innovation center for nano- and digital technology in agriculture, food, health, and environment. It is a multidisciplinary collaboration between nano-technology institute Imec, Wageningen University & Research, and Radboud University/Radboudumc. At the crossroads of agriculture, food, health, and high-tech we develop game changing innovations that contribute in solving the major societal challenges in the areas of climate, sustainability, and preventive health. Our USP is that we combine domain expertise with expertise on sensors, sensor connectivity, and data science/AI into applications or solution innovations.
- above all: strong drive for accelerating innovation in smart Food Processing;
- possess a minimum of 5 years of business development/acquisition experience in a market-oriented R&D environment, preferably within the food-tech industry;
- hold a PhD or MSc degree in a relevant scientific field such as food processing, mechanical, chemical engineering, or equivalent;
- demonstrate a track record and extensive network within the food, food-tech, or high-tech industry;
- exhibit a results-driven and entrepreneurial spirit with robust networking capabilities and high levels of energy;
- function as a connector, possessing keen organizational acumen and excellent communication skills to champion the Smart Food Processing program both internally and externally;
- ability to help building up the program. Thrive as a team player in an innovative entrepreneurial setting.
Fluency in English (C1 level) is essential, given our international working environment. Additionally, if you're not proficient in Dutch, we anticipate your enrollment in Dutch courses.
We offer you
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment . A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8,3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University ” in the Netherlands for the 18th consecutive time.
Do you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact Joost Blankestijn, program manager at Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, tel.: +31317485514 or Liesbeth Luijendijk, director AgriFood & Environment at OnePlanet Research Center, tel.: +31683335196.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Paul Snijder, Recruiter, email:[email protected]
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including 4th of December 2023
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment .
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With its roughly 30 branches, 7,200 employees (6,400 fte) and 13,200 students and over 150.000 participants to WUR’s Life Long Learning, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. The unique Wageningen approach lies in its integrated approach to issues and the collaboration between different disciplines.
Read the5 reasons
why your future colleagues enjoy working at WUR and watchthis video
to get an idea of our green campus!
We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.
Seize this opportunity to lead the charge in food innovation. Join us on this exhilarating journey towards a more sustainable future. Apply now!
Full Professor And Chair Of The Soil Geography And Landscape Group, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Wageningen University & Research The chair group Soil Geography and Landscape This diverse and international group consists of about 45 colleagues, including a full professor, a special professor,...
Business Development Manager, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 4 days ago
29 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Wageningen University & Research Research Field Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 24 Mar...
Lecturer: Agroecology Themes Within The B Sc Of Plant Sciences, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 27 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Wageningen University & Research Research Field Agricultural sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country...
Full Professor And Chair Of Law , ; Technical University of Denmark, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Your job Wageningen University is recruiting an inspiring professor to lead the Law chair group. The Law Group focusses on legal solutions to societal problems, including those studied in life sci...
Senior Policy Advisor Agroecology, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 3 days ago
1 Mar 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Wageningen University & Research Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application Deadl...
Assistant Professor In Artificial Intelligence And Software Engineering (Tenure Track), Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 3 days ago
1 Mar 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Wageningen University & Research Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country Neth...