Irène Curie Fellowship
Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences
The Brainport region’s industry has shifted from self-sustaining to outsourcing component development and manufacturing, resulting in complex upstream and downstream networks of partners. The industry is experiencing radical changes, such as digitization, sustainability, and fluctuations in supply and demand, requiring knowledgeable action and transparent negotiations across the network. Procurement managers need to be skilled in digitization, technical innovations, sustainable and circular operations, and transparent negotiations and risk management. Traditional governance mechanisms may no longer work, and new mechanisms for supplier involvement need to be studied. In cooperation with Nevi, the part-time Full Professor in Supplier Collaboration and Contracting will conduct research on effective procurement embedding in the industry’s innovation and operational processes and design an education program for procurement managers.
- Developing and performing research on the role of procurement in technologically innovative networks;
- Initiating and acquiring funding for related research projects;
- Supervising PhD students that contribute to this research;
- Making the link to the research themes of the department, in particular with regard to the research topics “Marketing Supply Chain Interface” and “Innovation Ecosystems” , and to the European Supply Chain Forum (ESCF);
- Maintaining and expanding an (inter)national network with academic peers and industry partners (in
- particular those associated with NEVI);
- Teaching of courses at BSc, MSc, and PhD level;
- Taking on managerial tasks and responsibilities when appropriate.
- Expertise in a mix of fields, including procurement, supply chain management, industrial engineering and innovation management, shown amongst others by a PhD in one of these fields, and by multi-disciplinary research crossing these fields;
- Expertise, or at least affinity, with the high-tech industry, shown by a large network of industry contacts;
- Experience with acquiring research funding and managing research activities;
- Proven ability to supervise PhD students;
- Proven high quality track record in research, demonstrated in international publications in top journals;
- Strong academic reputation, demonstrated by high-quality publications, keynote lectures, editorial-board memberships, etc.;
- Proven high quality track record in teaching, coordinating, and designing (under)graduate courses;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language;
- Good communication, cooperation, and leadership skills;
- Proven ability to reach out to the general public and to societal stakeholders;
- Experience in management of professionals, characterized by an inspiring, collegial, and effective style aimed at developing people and creating synergy.
Conditions of employment
- An employment contract of 5 years;
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment;
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities;
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes (30% ruling);
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact dr.ir. E. van der Geer-Rutten-Rijswijk, Managing Director via e.v.d.geer[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 24 65.
You can also contact Najat Loiazizi, HR Advisor via n.loiazizi[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 89 33.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
The position is open until May 23rd 2023. We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position;
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references;
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages);
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
Assistant Professor In Sustainability Transitions, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 23 days ago
5 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country N...
Postdoc Positions On Seamless Design Of Smart Edge Processors, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 13 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application D...
Assistant Professor Design Of Sustainable Energy Systems For Built Environment, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 10 days ago
18 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country ...
Procurement Officer (Ipt Pi 2023 65 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 10 days ago
18 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research Department Human Resources Research Field Economics » Business economics Researcher Profile Recog...
Ph D Researcher Designing Sustainable Waste Conversion Value Chains Using Decision Support Models, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 25 days ago
PhD researcher - Designing sustainable waste conversion value chains using decision support models PhD researcher - Designing sustainable waste conversion value chains using decision support model...
Assistant Professor In Biotechnology For Sustainable Food Security, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Are you the bioprocess systems engineer that will contribute to sustainable food security? Innovation is crucial to fulfil the potential of industrial biotechnology for sustainable production of f...