This new position will primarily focus on how to publish open "flagship datasets" that come out of ITC's ongoing work and will aim for their optimal visibility and take-up by others. The transition towards Open Science will mean adopting and adapting new digital technology that supports collaborative approaches, scientific reproducibility, and a wider and stronger commitment to knowledge diffusion. Hence, the ideal candidate will have a good mix of social skills and technological know-how in support of realizing a necessary change of research culture.
- You will collaborate with researchers across the ITC faculty and support them in realizing authoritative, high-quality geospatial data publications. Your activities include the provision of scientific, methodical and technical support in the publication process of results coming out of research work done at ITC.
- You help to prepare and disseminate these publications and have a talent in understanding data recipient needs.
- You will lead the development of a faculty-wide Open Data Publication platform and take steps to create an associated Community of Practitioners on Open (Geospatial) Data. This shall become part of the ITC Knowledge Hub under development.
- You will propose, evaluate and (co-)implement open science research publication tools that support the daily needs of ITC's researchers.
- You will also develop guidelines and (e-learning) educational material on data publishing that support the transition towards open science, and that provide guarantees for optimal visibility and applicability by third-party recipients.
- You support, through your work and engagement, the further development of policy, infrastructure and culture of Open Data stewardship and documentation, and related general scientific practice.
Laboratory Technician For The Research Group, Rna Based Regulation Of Gene Expression, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Department: Peter Lukavsky Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline: 31 Aug 2022 Start date: negotiable Job type: full-time | part-time Job field: Science and research...
Continuous Monitoring Of Acquired Resistance To Targeted Therapy Using Circulating Small Rna..., Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland, 21 days ago
Supervisor(s): Dr Sweta Rani (WIT), Dr. Jai Prakash Mehta (ITC), Dr. Edel A. McNeela (WIT), Dr. Orla O'Donovan (WIT) Research Group : Pharmaceutical and Molecular Biotechnology Research Centre (PM...
Open Access Publishing Manager (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 24 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally renowned research support organization in psychology and a member of the prestigious Leibniz Associ...
Professor "Structural Integrity Monitoring And Offshore Structures", Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium, 15 days ago
1 - Working at the VUB For already 50 years, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel has stood for freedom, equality and connectedness. These values are strongly present on our campuses, in our students as...
Senior Project Manager, IMEC, Belgium, 16 days ago
Are you passionate about building the technologies that will drive and accelerate tomorrow’s health & healthcare challenges? Would you love to join a multi-disciplinary and talented team? Then you...
Department Head Archiving And Publication Services (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 24 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Psychology (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally renowned research support organization in psychology and a member of the prestigious Leibniz Association. To fu...