- 0.8 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 2,471 - € 3,336
- Required background
- Higher Vocational Education Degree
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Arts
- Application deadline
- 02 February 2023
Do you like a challenging environment where you can constantly focus on new things? Do you like organising everything down to the last detail so that your colleagues can focus on their work? And would you like to work in an environment where you keep things running with a close-knit team of colleagues? Then you have a part to play as a management assistant at the Faculty of Arts.
As a management assistant, you will provide support to the staff of various educational programmes at the Faculty of Arts. Your assistance will cover a wide range of areas, ranging from organising and reporting on meetings and gatherings to providing support at conferences. You will organise all practical matters for new employees, process sick and recovery reports, and provide support to your colleagues at the Education and Student Affairs Office. In addition, together with three colleagues, you will staff the front office of the Staff Secretariat. You will be responsible for ordering and distributing materials, reserving meeting rooms and answering questions from employees.
You will be part of a team of four management assistants at the Faculty of Arts. The programmes you will initially work for are the Bachelor's programme in Arts and Culture Studies, the Bachelor's programme in English, the Master's programme in North American Studies, the Master's programme in Art and Cultural Sciences, the Research Master's programme in Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS), and the Research Master's programme in Linguistics and Communication Sciences (L&CS). You will participate in meetings, workshops and lectures of the RU Assistant Network, where you will engage with your fellow management assistants at Radboud University. This will be a great place to expand your network and share experiences.
- You have received professional training in secretarial work, preferably Schoevers or equivalent.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English and Dutch (both at C1 level or higher).
- You have excellent knowledge of the MS Office package and the skills and ability to work with all kinds of ICT systems.
- You are able to work in an organised manner and are accurate and stress-resistant.
- You are flexible, proactive, and open to change.
- You are open-minded, approachable, and a real team player.
- You have strong planning and organisational skills.
- Preferably, you are used to working in an academic environment or have experience working with professionals in a large organisation.
The Faculty of Arts is committed to producing scientific and social knowledge that matters. With over 500 academic and support staff, we teach and conduct research in history and art, languages and cultures, and linguistics and communication, using innovative methodologies and collaborating closely across disciplines. Our research is embedded in two research institutes: the Centre for Language Studies (CLS) and the Radboud Institute for Culture & History (RICH). With around 2,500 students spread across three departments - the Department of History, Art History and Antiquity, the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures and the Department of Language and Communication - we aim to contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive world. We therefore particularly welcome applications from candidates with different perspectives, backgrounds and skills that can enhance our training and research profiles.
The Staff Secretariat is part of the Education and Student Affairs Office. This further includes the Student Information Point (student administration and student desk), OSIRIS System Administration, Teaching Information Point (TIP), International Office and Career Service. You will report to the team leader of STIP and the Staff Secretariat.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of € 2,471 and a maximum of € 3,336 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 7 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 1 year, with the prospect of a permanent position after positive evaluation.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Karen Meijer, team leader STIP and Staff Secretariat, at +316 31 13 21 77 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 2 February 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Karen Meijer. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 02 February 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Meijer, K.L. (Karen)
team leader Education administration and Staff Secretariat
email@example.com +316 31 13 21 77
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 18 January 2023
Share this page
Assistant Professor Of International, Political And/Or Social History, Radboud University, Netherlands, 19 days ago
Assistant Professor of International, Political and/or Social History Assistant Professor of International, Political and/or Social History Published Deadline Location 10 Mar 2 Apr Nijmegen Job de...
Staff Scientist In Ultrasound Engineering At The Donders Centre For Cognition, Radboud University, Netherlands, 14 days ago
Focused ultrasound stimulation (FUS) is a new non-invasive deep brain stimulation technique that opens up new horizons in research and treatment. Radboud University has joined forces in the focuse...
Assistant Professor Of Modern Cultural History, Radboud University, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Assistant Professor of Modern Cultural History Assistant Professor of Modern Cultural History Published Deadline Location today 23 Apr Nijmegen Job description Today's world requires critical thin...
Assistant Professor Of Early Modern Cultural History, Radboud University, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Assistant Professor of Early Modern Cultural History Assistant Professor of Early Modern Cultural History Published Deadline Location today 23 Apr Nijmegen Job description Today's world requires c...
Philipp Schwartz Initiative, Humboldt-Stiftung Foundation, Germany, about 11 hours ago
Hint The 13th call for applications is expected to be launched in June 2023. We will inform you about the exact schedule and further details soon. Contact Head of Division Philipp Schwartz Initiat...
Research Officer, Radboud University, Netherlands, 18 days ago
Research Officer Research Officer Published Deadline Location today 14 Apr Nijmegen Job description Are you an experimentalist interested in research in high magnetic fields, and would you like to...